Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SWAP SIZE Recommended.
Operating Systems AIX SWAP SIZE Recommended. Post 302564172 by xoops on Thursday 13th of October 2011 04:20:45 AM
Old 10-13-2011
try
Code:

chlv -x <no of lps> < lvname>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size of swap

Hy all, i've a little problem with the size of the swap. I've an old solaris machine, with 4Go, and swap is taking 500Mo for only 1% used at any time. So : how can i change this size without problems ????? (ok it may be a stupid question, but it's a real problem when you lose about 1 or 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chang swap size after install

Hello all, I just got a laptop with redhat linux 7.2 installed, but during the installation the installer only put 1gig of sawp space( this laptop has 1gig of RAM). To my understanding when creating swap space, the size is determine by double the RAM. Therefore my question is that how do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Increasing swap size

We increased our server's RAM 8 -> 32 GB RAM. swap memory is currently 10 GB. With which command I can increase this memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akyuceisik
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Weird swap size on Solaris 9

I have a machine: SunOS <server> 5.9 Generic_117171-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R It has these filesystems: Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 19G 15G 3.9G 80% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

5. Programming

Swap different size string

how can I write a function to swap to different sized string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swap memory and original size of HD

few questions a. where can I find the RAM of a server? im about to install redhat on a server (reformat). need to know because it will be my basis for swap size. i saw something line 3048MB detected upon boot. is this the memory? b. what is the command in lunux to check the original size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap size increase

Dear All, How to increase the swap size when physicall memory reaches 60 %. OR it can be only done after the physicall memory is full. Rgds Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Help on Understanding Swap Size

Hi All, I want to know how to understand the actual swap size. My o/p shows as below root@ecovs1a # swap -s total: 4546056k bytes allocated + 358856k reserved = 4904912k used, 5046688k available root@ecovs1a # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d31 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Determing size of swap space

Hi Experts, Need your advise in determining the size of swap space in of the new HP-Ux server. Server is having 32G of physical memory. Ideally what amout of physical memory should be allocated as a swap space? Following document from HP suggests to have minimum swap space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
2 Replies

10. Solaris

/tmp size is less whereas size allocated to swap is more

Hi, the /tmp size is less whereas the size allocated to swap is quite big. how to increase the size of /tmp - #: swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/md/dsk/d20 85,20 8 273096 273096 #: swap -s total: 46875128k bytes allocated + 2347188k reserved =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psb74
2 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)