Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1 Post 302564148 by orange47 on Thursday 13th of October 2011 03:00:27 AM
Old 10-13-2011
multitude of packets from 127.0.0.1

I was checking routing table, and noticed that our server has a lot packets from localhost:

Code:
Routing Table: IPv4
  Destination           Gateway           Flags  Ref   Use   Interface
-------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ ---------
127.0.0.1            127.0.0.1            UH       4713304405  lo0

should we worry about it? other servers have small values for 'use',
but we do use ftp regularly on this one.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background processes return 127 sporadically

I have created a shell script that spawns multiple background processes (spawns sqlplus application). I use an array to capture the process id of those background processes. I then loop through the array and issue a 'wait' command to wait on the process id that was captured in the array. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_largo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Serverhost 127.0.0 error message on apache

my apache 2.0 is up and running but after trying to reconfigure it for specifics I ended up with a permanent eror message that I can't seem to get rid of .. when I run the server ( just / */apachect1 start ) the message reads "cannot locate name localhost for server 127.0.0" so far I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rc=127 can't fork

I have a script to download a file using wget. It works if I execute it from the command line. But, if I run it in cron, it doesnt work and I am getting the following in the cron log: > CMD: /export/home/username/test > username 23159 c Tue Aug 1 14:40:00 2006 < username 23159 c Tue Aug ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't setup gateway other than 127.0.0.1?

I have just installed Solaris 10 X86 today, but I can't use internet at all on it. When I was installing it, it only asked me to create a hostname, without even asking me this computer is "networked" or "non-networked". After I finished installation, I use "netstat -rn" command, and only see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diamondust
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

logrotate: ALERT exitted abnormally with [127]

HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/800 636114222 unlimited-user license I see this error in my logs sometimes and have very little info on it... I have searched online for some documentation and haven't been able to find much on this issue. The only thing I found on one site is that if my /tmp folder... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of shell script returns error 127

Hi All, While running shell script i got following output. interpreter "usr/bin/ksh" not found sh: step1.sh: not found. ldnhpux | oracle >echo $? 127 - Running command "which ksh" retruns "usr/bin/ksh". - I found some information on web stating to remove extra carriage return chars,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchirP
8 Replies

7. Solaris

sendmail problem, Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

one of our sparc servers is having this problem: Jun 27 13:05:00 sparki sendmail: p5: from=root, size=309, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<201106271305.p5@sparki>, relay=root@localhost Jun 27 13:05:00 sparki sendmail: p5: to=root, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wait - return code 127

Hi All, I am trying to create background processes and then check their status later. But I am getting return codes as 0,127 randomly On checking the return codes for wait, I found the below. Do I need to treat return code of 127 as successful as well?? as we know the process id passed is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

127.0.0.1 vs 0.0.0.0

Which one should I use in '/etc/hosts'? Please explain in details. Random quotes on the topic: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
2 Replies
Route classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						 Route classifier in tc(8)

NAME
route - route traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... route [ from REALM | fromif TAG ] [ to REALM ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
Match packets based on routing table entries. This filter centers around the possibility to assign a realm to routing table entries. For any packet to be classified by this filter, a routing table lookup is performed and the returned realm is used to decide on whether the packet is a match or not. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. from REALM fromif TAG Perform source route lookups. TAG is the name of an interface which must be present on the system at the time of tc invocation. to REALM Match if normal (i.e., destination) routing returns the given REALM. EXAMPLES
Consider the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 being attached to eth0: ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0 realm 2 The following route filter will then match packets from that subnet: tc filter add ... route from 2 classid 1:2 and pass packets on to class 1:2. NOTES
Due to implementation details, realm values must be in a range from 0 to 255, inclusive. Alternatively, a verbose name defined in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms may be given instead. SEE ALSO
tc(8), ip-route(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Route classifier in tc(8)