Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patching on ZFS file-system
Operating Systems Solaris Patching on ZFS file-system Post 302563991 by vishalaswani on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 02:31:53 PM
Old 10-12-2011
You dont have to break the mirror, you can create new BE in the same pool.

what about the zone's root are they on a different pool??

Regards,
Vishal

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ZFS file system - memory monitoring

I am working on a server where the 'root' user ZFS filesystem. Now when I do Top commands it says only 750M free .But when I count the actual memory utilized it comes only to 12 GB and the total size of the server is 32G. I think rest of the space is held up by ZFS file system. Is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
5 Replies

3. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Not able to extend ZFS file system

Hi All, I have Solaris-10 configured with two non-global zones. All file-systems are mounted on global zone and data file-systems are mounted on non-global zone as lofs. I have added 4 luns of 100 GB each and still not able to extend a file-system. This is production server, so I can not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

I have Solaris-10 server running ZFS file-system. ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01 is one of the non global zone. I wanted to increase a /ttms/prod file-system of zone, which is actually /zone/ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01/ttms/prod on global server. I have added a new disk of 9 GB, which is emcpower56a and now I can... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

7. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help in patching with lu on SVM+ZFS FS with zones

Hello, I need help in understanding, how lu can work on Solaris-10 on this server. I can detach mirror metadevices of LVM, but zpool looks confusing, which mirror I should break. server-app01 # : |format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN300G cyl... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
poolbind(1M)															      poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)