Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use correctly Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to convert xml to xls Post 302563944 by Corona688 on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 12:48:01 PM
Old 10-12-2011
We're not "on call". If we don't answer you in the first 5 minutes, wait! Smilie

I don't see a 'title' attribute in there, I do see a 'name' one, it's asking for 'title', give it 'title'. Computers are the most literal-minded things in the world.

I've been unable to install this Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML module, too many thousand dependencies, so I can't test it myself.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input .txt file into .xls spreadsheet

I need to take the totals from my script and input them into a excel spreadsheet. Right now, I just copy and paste. Is there an easier way? 3906 is the total jobs in ABEND state 4005 is the total jobs in SUCC state 1050 is the total jobs in HOLD state (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wereyou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert .xls to .csv

Hi, I have problem..How to convert .xls file to .csv.. Plz help me for this problem.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma457
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with "merge_range" in Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" module

Any one having idea that,How to copy merged cell from existing excel file to new excel file? Note : Is there any bug in module(Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel) itself ? Thanks, kavi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

xml to xls

looking for a script to convert from xml file format to xls file format incoming file in xml should be converted to xls file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userraone
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML question(s)

Hi All, attempting to use this pm to import large xml file directly into excel and getting some errors. Using the generic example: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML; my $fromxml =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garboon
1 Replies
Refs(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Refs(3pm)

NAME
SGMLS::Refs - Forward reference handling SYNOPSIS
use SGMLS::Refs; To create a new reference-manager object using the file "foo.refs": my $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs"); To create a new reference-manager object using the file "foo.refs" and logging changes to the file "foo.log": my $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs","foo.log"); To record a reference: $refs->put("document title",$title); To retrieve a reference: $title = $refs->get("document title"); To return the number of references changed since the last run: $num = $refs->changed; To print a LaTeX-like warning if any references have changed: $refs->warn; DESCRIPTION
This library can be used together with the SGMLS package to keep track of forward references from one run to another, like the LaTeX ".aux" files. Each reference manager is an object which reads and then rewrites a file of perl source, with the file name provided by the caller. Example: # Start up the reference manager before the parse. sgml('start', sub { $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs"); }); # Warn about any changed references at the end. sgml('end', sub { $refs->warn; }); # Look up the title from the last parse, if available. sgml('<div>', sub { my $element = shift; my $id = $element->attribute(ID)->value; my $title = $refs->get("title:$id") || "[no title available]"; $current_div_id = $id; output "\section{$title} "; }); # Save the title for the next parse. sgml('<head>', sub { push_output('string'); }); sgml('</head>', sub { my $title = pop_output(); my $id = $current_div_id; $refs->put("title:$id",$title); }); AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 and 1995 by David Megginson, "dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca". Distributed under the terms of the Gnu General Public License (version 2, 1991) -- see the file "COPYING" which is included in the SGMLS.pm distribution. SEE ALSO
: SGMLS, SGMLS::Output. perl v5.8.8 2004-02-22 Refs(3pm)