Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with File processing - Adding predefined text to particular record based on condition Post 302563890 by karumudi7 on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 10:58:51 AM
Old 10-12-2011
Help with File processing - Adding predefined text to particular record based on condition

I am generating a output:
Code:
Name Count_1 Count_2
abc       12       12
def        15      14
ghi        16       16
jkl         18       18
mno      7          5

I am sending the output in html email, I want to add the code:
<font color="red"> NAME COLUMN record </font>
for the Name column records when the Count_1 & Count_2 are different. If they are equal no need to add the HTML tags. ( just to differentiate from others)

For eg:
In the above example, I have to add the tag to def and mno records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a record and adding a record to a file

Hi, I am new to UNIX scripting and woiuld appreicate your help... Input file contains only one (but long) record: aaaaabbbbbcccccddddd..... Desired file: NEW RECORD #new record (hardcoded) added as first record - its length is irrelevant# aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd ... ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsolap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a column to a text based on file name

Dear all, Does anyone know how I could to add a column of numbers (1s, or 2s, or..., or 6s) to two-column text files (tab-delimited), where the specific number to be added varies as a function of the file naming? Currently, each of my text files has two columns, so the column with the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlapate
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple condition matching and doing some predefined work

Hi everybody, I had 10 files in in one folder(/home/sai/) namely sai. 1.gz,2.gz,3.gz ..,10.gz. I want to delete the files which are there home based on the following conditions fliecount in sai folder==10 && grep -cv ".gz"==0 How to check this using awk? Otherwise please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_sai_ias
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the text in a row based on certain condition

Hi All, I felt tough to frame my question. Any way find my below input. (.CSV file) SNo, City 1, Chennai 2, None 3, Delhi 4,None Note that I have many rows ans also other columns beside my City column. What I need is the below output. SNo, City 1, Chennai 2, Chennai_new 3, Delhi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a column to a text file based on mathematical manipulation

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with three different columns. I want to add an extra column to the text file. The extra column will be the second column and it will equal third column - 1. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Input: chr1 788822 rs11240777 chr1 1008567 rs9442372... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

8. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)