Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bash: making a count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash: making a count Post 302563649 by nilekyle on Tuesday 11th of October 2011 09:15:00 PM
Old 10-11-2011
bash: making a count

ok basically im trying to count how many people fail a class by comparing there grade by -gt 49

i tried putting a count inside the while loop but i know you cant access a count outside a subshell. is there an easy way to count the number of failures?

Code:
declare -i failcount=0

awk 'match($2,":"){print substr($2,RSTART+1,3)}' class.marks | while read line; do
    if [ $line -gt 49 ] ; then
	(( failcount++ ))
fi
done
echo $failcount

my class.marks file is as follows:

Code:
ID4341:Gwen Camper:72
ID4923:Ron Tomm:100
ID4239111:John Snow:40

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making Application by bash

I'm using Mac OSX. And i want to make an visual application based on bash command. But, apple script doesn't support Terminal command. So please tell me how to turn my dream into a reality. :o I mean purely by bash! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a progress gauge in a bash script

Hello once again: One thing that seems to be a nice feature is a progress gauge... so I can see how long an operation will take for a task to complete if it is requiring a lot of processing or the file is enormous. I have seen references to gauge operations, but I don't know anything about it or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccox85
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Directories In bash

Hi ALL I have small script that find 777 dir now i want to count these directories,Keep in mind there are many directories. This IS my code below. #!/bin/bash check=/var/www/html find $check -type d -perm 777 | while read DIR do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making a list matching certain criteria in bash...

Hello everyone!I am trying to make a mail list(a simple .txt file)in which i put certain records that match specific criteria. Let's say that i have a(sorted by last column file)like this one: 0100567 Bla1 Lala1 100 1234567 Bla2 Lala2 80 8769029 Bla3 Lala3 70 1001007 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making array of string with bash

in.txt libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base Output should be: libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good gstreamer0_10-plugins-base Then: #!/bin/sh v=(libgstreamer gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

making code compatible to previous bash versions

First let me explain the scenario I have tywo files as usual file1.txt (it has n rows and 8 columns) $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 Code: 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|white |black |red |90879 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|green |pink |blue |90879... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a bash script and small C program for a homework assignment

Here's the assignment. I'll bold the parts that are rough for me. Unfortunately, that's quite a bit lol. The syntax is, of course, where my issues lie, for the most part. I don't have a lot of programming experience at all :/. I'd post what I've already done, but I'm so lost I really don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk101
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in making a basic bash script

Hi All, I am trying to monitor CPU load of few processes, with the same name. The output that I get from top is the following 28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103 0.3 15:16.89 /opt/ppp//h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14504 --audioPort=14505 27589 root 20 0 1060m 23m... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script for making complexes of ligands and receptor

I am working with autodock vina for virtual screening and docking with cygwin. Autodock vina generates conformers for multiple ligands. I want to make the complex of these conformers with receptor. e.g. I have 100 .pdbqt files form vina output and one receptor pdbqt file. By running command- cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Patil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making bash script allways executable when transfer ?

Does it possible to make some bash script automatic to be a executable when transfered to another pc...? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
5 Replies
Font::TTF::Coverage(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Font::TTF::Coverage(3pm)

NAME
Font::TTF::Coverage - Opentype coverage and class definition objects DESCRIPTION
Coverage tables and class definition objects are virtually identical concepts in OpenType. Their difference comes purely in their storage. Therefore we can say that a coverage table is a class definition in which the class definition for each glyph is the corresponding index in the coverage table. The resulting data structure is that a Coverage table has the following fields: cover A boolean to indicate whether this table is a coverage table (TRUE) or a class definition (FALSE) val A hash of glyph ids against values (either coverage index or class value) fmt The storage format used is given here, but is recalculated when the table is written out. count A count of the elements in a coverage table for use with add. Each subsequent addition is added with the current count and increments the count. METHODS
new($isCover [, vals]) Creates a new coverage table or class definition table, depending upon the value of $isCover. if $isCover then vals may be a list of glyphs to include in order. If no $isCover, then vals is a hash of glyphs against class values. read($fh) Reads the coverage/class table from the given file handle out($fh, $state) Writes the coverage/class table to the given file handle. If $state is 1 then the output string is returned rather than being output to a filehandle. $c->add($glyphid[, $class]) Adds a glyph id to the coverage table incrementing the count so that each subsequent addition has the next sequential number. Returns the index number of the glyphid added $c->signature Returns a vector of all the glyph ids covered by this coverage table or class @map=$c->sort Sorts the coverage table so that indexes are in ascending order of glyphid. Returns a map such that $map[$new_index]=$old_index. $c->out_xml($context) Outputs this coverage/class in XML AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-25 Font::TTF::Coverage(3pm)