Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD installing mlocate package on freebsd Post 302563242 by Saed on Monday 10th of October 2011 01:03:12 PM
Old 10-10-2011
Question installing mlocate package on freebsd

Hello everyone ,

forgive me if this the wrong place to post my question .
i got a pfsense box ( FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p4 )
i need to know how to install the "mlocate" package to be able to use the command "locate" on the Box

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD with FAT32

I am installing FreeBSD and I have the FreeBSD Handbook on how to install it. I have read it twice over and I am going to try to do it right the first time. I am running Windows 98 with two hard drives. Only one has the OS on it the other is just a FAT32 partition. I want to put FreeBSD on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: escozooz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSD

Not entirely sure if this belongs here but here it is. I am installing FreeBSD, downloaded the ISO from their website, created the Bootdisk. And when I try to boot, I get this error, 'Panic, Couldn't Inialize. Will not continue without Inialization'. I get the prompt telling me that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fmarvez
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing font package

Hi All, Where do I find/download this font package 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF-FONT_STYLE_NORMAL-14' and how to install it ? When I run an osi utility (ftamtool) it shows me this error: ##FTAM Tool : XView ERROR XView warning: Impossible de charger le jeu de caractères 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

4. BSD

installing FreeBSD

hi everybody i'm now downloading FreeBSD using anonymous ftp...the problem i'll encounter is that it seems to be a huge archive.... I want just install it over a 8 G disk....how can i manage this? thanks regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Freebsd

Hi All Hope this is not going to upset you but i really need help. I'm new to Unix (Brand New) have never worked on a unix system before in my life so please bear with me. I'm in the process to install Freebsd but have no idea how to go ahead. The system that i have does not have any cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunner
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

7. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

8. BSD

Installing gnome on freebsd

I have a fresh 64-bits install of FreeBSD 8.1 on a machine, but having issues with getting gnome to work. I have followed the guidelines on FreeBSD GNOME Project: GNOME 2.32 FAQ In summary that is: pkg_add -r gnome2 Add gnome_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf After a reboot and logging in, there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
8 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Installing FreeBSd 8.1?

Hello everybody, I'm really new to Unix(and new here) ,and I'm looking forward to install FreeBSD 8.1 in Virtual Box on the Host - Windows 7.Otherwise in a eternal HDD.My problem is that I tried to find out step by step instruction but failed to find any such set of instructions. I'm in fact a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Installing package

Hi, I need to use the tool "meminfo" in the server, however am not able to as it says the package is not found. I am also not able to find the package in the "HPUX Porting and Archive center". Please guide on how to install this package? Thanks, Aigini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
mlocate.db(5)							File Formats Manual						     mlocate.db(5)

NAME
mlocate.db - a mlocate database DESCRIPTION
A mlocate database starts with a file header: 8 bytes for a magic number ("mlocate" like a C literal), 4 bytes for the configuration block size in big endian, 1 byte for file format version (0), 1 byte for the "require visibility" flag (0 or 1), 2 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the root of the database. The header is followed by a configuration block, included to ensure databases are not reused if some configuration changes could affect their contents. The size of the configuration block in bytes is stored in the file header. The configuration block is a sequence of vari- able assignments, ordered by variable name. Each variable assignment consists of a NUL-terminated variable name and an ordered list of NUL-terminated values. The value list is terminated by one more NUL character. The ordering used is defined by the strcmp () function. Currently defined variables are: prune_bind_mounts A single entry, the value of PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS; one of the strings 0 or 1. prunefs The value of PRUNEFS, each entry is converted to uppercase. prunepaths The value of PRUNEPATHS. The rest of the file until EOF describes directories and their contents. Each directory starts with a header: 8 bytes for directory time (seconds) in big endian, 4 bytes for directory time (nanoseconds) in big endian (0 if unknown, less than 1,000,000,000), 4 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the the directory. Directory contents, a sequence of file entries sorted by name, follow. Directory time is the maximum of st_ctime and st_mtime of the directory. updatedb(8) uses the original data if the directory time in the database and in the file system match exactly. Directory time equal to 0 always causes rescanning of the directory: this is necessary to handle directories which were being updated while building the database. Each file entry starts with a single byte, marking its type: 0 A non-directory file. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 1 A subdirectory. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 2 Marks the end of the current directory. locate(1) only reports file entries, directory names are not reported because they are reported as an entry in their parent directory. The only exception is the root directory of the database, which is stored in the file header. AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
locate(1), updatedb.conf(5), updatedb(8) mlocate Jan 2007 mlocate.db(5)