Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX mirroring repair
Operating Systems AIX AIX mirroring repair Post 302563168 by DaySky on Monday 10th of October 2011 08:29:20 AM
Old 10-10-2011
May be, funksen, thank you. But I prefer to manipulate with the engaged data and not to touch the data nearby.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck command - what does it check/repair??

While rebooting one of the UNIX systems here at work, the boot-up process halted and a message appeared telling me that I had to run the fsck command. The command to the best of my knowledge went something like : fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 Can someone give me a full list of this command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with oracle repair script

I have a problem. I am attempting to create a repair script for oracle that will read in a print file and perform a repair on an oracle database using the data in the print file. My restrictions are 1) each in list (items with-in parens) must be no more the 250 lines and the last item in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows XP recovery/repair mode

hello again all, assume I can not log in to the windows installation, (maybe) because of a system file corruption or failure.. however, I do log in to the system using the windows CD with R (repair) mode, that is the command line prompt. Is there a way in that command prompt to copy the files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to repair DNS

I am using Mac OS X and my server keeps crashing every several hours or so. I have checked the log file at /var/log/system.log and the entries closest to the crash read Mar 15 22:27:23 server servermgrd: servermgr_dns: no name available via DNS for 192.168.84.21 Mar 15 22:27:23 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX unmirroring while mirroring in background

Hi, by mistake I ran unmirror while mirroring was running in the back ground. anyhow the unmirror operation failed with the following 0516-076 lreducelv: Cannot remove last good copy of stale partition. Resynchronize the partitions with syncvg and try again. 0516-922 rmlvcopy:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithinksgreen
0 Replies

6. Boot Loaders

Where to get windows 7 iso file of repair?

I need to make a bootable usb of windows 7 repair disc iso file so that I can use it in case my system doesn't boot up. On net I am getting complete windows 7 OS iso but I need only the repair disc for making bootable iso. I am not sure whether I used right word by using the word disc here... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Repair windows 8.0 ntfs partition

I have a 1TB HD, suspect it had bad sectors and blocks... it was pre-installed with windows 8.0.. I was able to boot up ubuntu and looked at the partitions and run a badblocks comand to verify secotors, after getting a serious of Input and Output errors mounting the partition and doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies
touch(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						 touch(1B)

NAME
touch - change file access and modification times SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/touch [-acfm] file... DESCRIPTION
touch sets the access and modification times of each file to the current time. file is created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
-a Change the access time of file. Do not change the modification time unless -m is also specified. -c Do not create file if it does not exist. -f Attempt to force the touch in spite of read and write permissions on file. -m Change the modification time of file. Do not change the access time unless -a is also specified. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of touch when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 touch executed successfully and all requested changes were made. >0 An error occurred. touch returns the number of files for which the times could not be successfully modified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
touch(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 26 Oct 1995 touch(1B)