Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending HTML Email through mailx Post 302563028 by manubatham20 on Monday 10th of October 2011 01:24:48 AM
Old 10-10-2011
Yeah, I finally did it through sendmail. Well thanks for your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with text & attachment using mailx

I spent some time working this out, with a little help from various forums, and thought the community would like to know : Here is how you can send an email from a single Unix command line : /usr/bin/echo "Email text\nNew line\nAnother new line" >x | uuencode sourcefile.txt sourcefile.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haryadoon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed a html file in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx?

How to embed a html file as subject in a mail sending from Linux box with uuencode or mailx or any other way? we do not want the file as attachment, it should be embedded in the mail subject. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email

1) Can you please provide me with a best example of how to send an HTML email via mutt or mail or send email commands using bash shell. 2) I tried below but i am not able to get the variable values in the HTML email output. (cat <<-EOT <html> <head><title></title> </head> <body> <p>Hello,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx sending attachments to personal email, but not SharePoint?

Hello! I am writing a KornShell script that (in addition to other things) sends a file from a Unix directory to a SharePoint directory. However when executing the script there is no sign of the file on the SharePoint. I have tested the script using my personal email as the destination and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML not coming while sending using email

echo "$1" > test.txt awk 'BEGIN{ FS="|" print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Content-Disposition: inline" print "<HTML>""<TABLE border="1"><TH>Heading1</TH><TH>Heading2</TH><TH>Heading3</TH>" } { printf "<TR>" for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) printf "<TD>%s</TD>", $i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
2 Replies
MAILSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSTATS(8)

NAME
mailstats - display mail statistics SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-c] [-o] [-p] [-P] [-C cffile] [-f stfile] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility displays the current mail statistics. First, the time at which statistics started being kept is displayed, in the format specified by ctime(3). Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following white space separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected. msgsdis Number of messages discarded. msgsqur Number of messages quarantined. Mailer The name of the mailer. After this display, a line totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed (preceded with a ``T''), separated from the previous information by a line containing only equals (``='') characters. Another line preceded with a ``C'' lists the number of TCP connections. The options are as follows: -C Read the specified file instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -f Read the specified statistics file instead of the statistics file specified in the sendmail configuration file. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -o Don't display the name of the mailer in the output. The mailstats utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf The default sendmail configuration file. /var/lib/sendmail/statistics The default sendmail statistics file. /etc/mail/statistics The symbolic link to the statistics file. SEE ALSO
mailq(1), sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/06/27 22:47:29 $ MAILSTATS(8)