Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script Post 302563014 by rdcwayx on Sunday 9th of October 2011 07:17:09 PM
Old 10-09-2011
so why not tar these files into a .tar.gz file first, and sftp only one time?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command ignored after sftp - korn shell

Hi all Trying to run my korn shell script, I got no messages after the sftp. The "finished" msg is not being displayed. Any ideas? sftp $argument <<EOF quit EOF echo "finished" Thanks in advance, :O) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

f-secure sftp in shell script

Hi, I am trying to use sftp in a ksh - Shell script, but not even a simple script like this returns not output: sftp username@remotehost <<END ls END If I do something like this: sftp username@remotehost <<END | tee logfile ls END I get this error message: Warning: tcgetattr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: friand
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP shell script help

HI I need to write script to transefer files from windows server to UNIX and visa versa.... can any one enroute to the solution ........? I am new to SFTP .. would requst you provide some helpful informaion, Basics of SFTP also appreciated Thanks in Advance. Madan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madankumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to get sftp files

did anyone knows a script to get a latest file in a folder,,i try to get the newest file at a folder via sftp and i want to make a crontab to do this once a day,,can someone give me the script to get the latest file?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp shell script - Password read error.

Hi, I have script which does the sftp function. In the script in one place it able to read the password from file and other place files with below error. warning: has much more security than supplying the password in the clear warning: on the command line. Failed to get password: File... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell script

Hi All, I have done the Private - Public keys generation( and sharing) and have written a script for automating the SFTP. Need to make sure if it will work: sftp.sh #!/bin/bash . config.ini sftp $SFTP_USER@$SERVER <<EOF cd $SFTP_RDIR #ls -lrt | grep $SFTP_RFILE | wc -l get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpit Narula
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With SFTP using shell script

Hi All, Scenario : How to securely FTP the text file from a particular location(in unix system) to the windows ftp server (my PL is suggesting to use SCP command to accomplish this). Detailed description: I have created a Oracle job and scheduled it in dbms_scheduler. The job will invoke... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachi Vasishta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to capture sftp error in Korn Shell

I am not able to capture error condition in sftp in Korn Shell #!/bin/ksh sftp batch@uat >abc 2>&1 << ENDFILE cd public put /data/WELCOME_55 ENDFILE ret_val=$? if ] then print file "copied successfully" else print file "NOT copied successfully" fi return 0 Now the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write log file for SFTP command

Hi I am transferring files to SFTP Server using sftp command(below), and want to write log file of this activity. Can you please advise if i am doing wrong. sftp -v -oIdentityFile=/home/bbm_user/bbm/private_open_ssh.ppm umf-sftp@bbm-prod-send.com <<EOF put $local_path/*.gz $remote_path/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
3 Replies
tar(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    tar(4)

NAME
tar - format of tar tape archive DESCRIPTION
The header structure produced by (see tar(1)) is as follows (the array size defined by the constants is shown on the right): All characters are represented in ASCII. There is no padding used in the header block; all fields are contiguous. The fields magic, uname, and gname are null-terminated character strings. The fields name, linkname, and prefix are null-terminated char- acter strings except when all characters in the array contain non-null characters, including the last character. The version field is two bytes containing the characters (zero-zero). The typeflag contains a single character. All other fields are leading-zero-filled octal numbers in ASCII. Each numeric field is terminated by one or more space or null characters. The name and the prefix fields produce the pathname of the file. The hierarchical relationship of the file is retained by specifying the pathname as a path prefix, with a slash character and filename as the suffix. If the prefix contains non-null characters, prefix, a slash character, and name are concatenated without modification or addition of new characters to produce a new pathname. In this manner, path- names of at most 256 characters can be supported. If a pathname does not fit in the space provided, the format-creating utility notifies the user of the error, and no attempt is made to store any part of the file, header, or data on the medium. SEE ALSO
tar(1) STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tar(4)