Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Shell implementation - Command not found Post 302563001 by alister on Sunday 9th of October 2011 05:41:23 PM
Old 10-09-2011

Without having seen a single line of code, that's my best guess. However, if you would post or link code to the implementation, perhaps I or someone else could provide a more informed response.

Regards and welcome to the forum,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Implementation

I want to implement my own simple multi tasking shell in Unix which will take care of redirection (<, >, >>) and piping. I am just unable to get a concrete idea of how exactly I have to start. I have several books...some are.. 1. Maurice Bach- Design Of Unix Operating System 2. Richard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clickonline1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Programming

Shell Implementation not working correctly

//save in/out int tmpin = dup(0); int tmpout = dup(1); //set initial input int fdin; if(_inputFile) { fdin = open(_inputFile, O_RDONLY | O_CREAT, S_IREAD | S_IWRITE); } else { //use default input fdin = dup(tmpin); } int ret; int fdout; for(int i = 0; i... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirBronto
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementation of ls - i command

It is possible for me to obtain the Inode of the path name using ls -i <pathname> command Can anyone tell me how its implemented... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapathy.psgit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rm:command not found in linux Bash shell script

Hi All, Linux lxs3er06 2.6.9-67.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 7 13:58:04 EST 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Issue: While executing shell scripts in bash shell, following error messages are thrown: rm:command not found On doing little investigation, I added '/bin' to $PATH and on doing echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found in shell script - stumped for 4 days

Hello, I like to begin with :wall:.. literally... It has been 4 days and I have no idea how to fix it. Environment - AIX 5.3 I wrote a script to call on ssh to log into another box via PKA to do something else. If I run the script on the terminal, it works 100%. If the SAP customised... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plonkagain
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX time command implementation

I want to know about the time command flow of execution. I have a doubt in the time calculation for the command execution. Whether the real time is sum of (time taken to open the unix window + execute the command given infront of the "time" command + close the unix window) or Just the time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sateesh Solapur
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command timed out implementation

I have a running service which runs in background. It execute shell commands by function system(cmd) I need to report fail when command execution takes more than 60 seconds. Parent doesn't need to wait for 60 seconds of time if the cmd execution completed already. runCommand() { pid_t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Command(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Perl::Critic::Command(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Command - Guts of perlcritic. SYNOPSIS
use Perl::Critic::Command qw< run >; local @ARGV = qw< --statistics-only lib bin >; run(); DESCRIPTION
This is the implementation of the perlcritic command. You can use this to run the command without going through a command interpreter. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a public class. However, its interface is experimental, and will likely change. IMPORTABLE SUBROUTINES
"run()" Does the equivalent of the perlcritic command. Unfortunately, at present, this doesn't take any parameters but uses @ARGV to get its input instead. Count on this changing; don't count on the current interface. TO DO
Make "run()" take parameters. The equivalent of @ARGV should be passed as a reference. Turn this into an object. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Command(3)