Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying file information using awk & grep Post 302562937 by ahamed101 on Sunday 9th of October 2011 04:21:54 AM
Old 10-09-2011
Task 1:
Do you want to print the filenames having the string "data" in the filename with rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/ as prefix into FILE.txt?

And are the files in Task1 and Task2 related in anyway?

And what is the purpose of this?
Code:
awk '{print "$2"$9}' > $2

what are the input arguments to the script?

Task1 is not at all clear! Smilie

--ahamed

---------- Post updated at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:17 AM ----------

Something like this?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

SOURCEPATH=$1
TARGETPATH=$2
search=$3
for file in $SOURCEPATH/*${search}* 
do
        file_name=$(basename $file)
        test -f $TARGETPATH/$file_name && continue
        echo "rfio://$SOURCEPATH/$file_name" >> FILE.txt
        cp $SOURCEPATH/$file_name $TARGETPATH
done

split -10 **.txt chunk
i=0
for file in chunk*
do
    ((i=i+1))
    new_file="datafilename"$i".list"

#sed '/^$/d' $file > $new_file
    #or use the perl command
    perl -0pe 's/\n$//' $file >  $new_file

#to remove the processed file
    rm -rf $file
    echo 'succesful'
done

Everything based on assumptions!

--ahamed

Last edited by ahamed101; 10-09-2011 at 05:43 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file names returned from a grep command into another directory

When I do the following : grep -l "string" *, I get a list of file names returned. Is there a way to copy the files returned from the list into another directory ?. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep & awk

Hi all, I'm figuring on how to grep only specific data I want below: Bin Total % ----- ------- ----- 1 15 42.9 Bin Total % ----- ------- ----- 2 15 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (gawk) grep & columns

Hi, I'm working with gawk (on DOS) today. A goal is: find a string for-instance '123', cut a line in two columns and write second one. The problem is: command line works OK, awk file doesn't. But I would like to work with file because there are many strings to find. input: line command: awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Information from One File to Another File in Shell

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need help moving text from one file to another file. Here are examples what the files look like. File 1: Ac-223 2.10m A 1 0 0 0 Fr-219 358 9.9000E-01 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamachan414
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep'ing information from a log file on SUN OS 5

Hi Guys, I'm trying to write an script that will be launched by a user. The script will look at a log file and check for alerts with the date (supplied by user) and a machine's hostname (also supplied by the user). I'm trying to get the output formatted just like the log file. The logfile looks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: illgetit
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep? - using a file of terms to search another file when the information is on a different line

I have a flat file that looks like this, let's call it Chromosome_9.txt: FT /Gene_Name="Guanyl-Acetylase 9" FT /Gene_Number"36952" FT /Gene_Name="Endoplasmic Luciferase" FT /Gene_Number"36953" FT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include information in certain columns using grep and awk

HI all, I have data in a file that looks like this: 1 HOW _ NNP NNP _ 3 nn _ _ 2 DRUGS _ NNP NNP _ 3 nn _ _ 3 ACT _ NNP NNP _ 0 null _ _ 4 : _ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk / grep to extract information from log

Hi all, I have a query that runs that outputs data in the following format - 01/09/12 11:43:40,ADMIN,4,77,Application Group Load: Name(TESTED) LoadId(5137-1-0-1XX-15343-15343) File(/dir/dir/File.T03.CI2.RYR.2012009.11433350806.ARD) InputSize(5344) OutputSize(1359) Rows(2) Time(1.9960)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
Gtk2::PrintSettings(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Gtk2::PrintSettings(3)

NAME
Gtk2::PrintSettings HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PrintSettings METHODS
printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 printsettings = Gtk2::PrintSettings->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->foreach ($func, $data=undef) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) string or undef = $settings->get ($key) o $key (string) $settings->set ($key, $value) o $key (string) o $value (string or undef) boolean = $settings->has_key ($key) o $key (string) $settings->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $settings->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 double = $settings->get_printer_lpi Since: gtk+ 2.16 $settings->set_printer_lpi ($lpi) o $lpi (double) Since: gtk+ 2.16 integer = $settings->get_resolution_x Since: gtk+ 2.16 $settings->set_resolution_xy ($resolution_x, $resolution_y) o $resolution_x (integer) o $resolution_y (integer) Since: gtk+ 2.16 integer = $settings->get_resolution_y Since: gtk+ 2.16 $settings->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 $settings->unset ($key) o $key (string) SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::PrintSettings(3)