Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library Post 302562874 by dukessd on Saturday 8th of October 2011 06:18:22 PM
Old 10-08-2011
As you can see both drives and one smc down the same adapter - all show the same location code of 07-00-02 - I guess the other missing smc should also be on the same adapter.
As you can see both drives and one smc it looks like the connection to the switch is OK from the host, so the problem in in the SAn or at the other end the SMC has lost connection.
HTH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ldd doesn't work with 64bit .so library on AIX

I generated my shared library in 64bit on AIX, but when I ran ldd, it says: Could not load program libmylib.so: Could not load module libmylib.so. The module has an invalid magic number. Anyone knows how to list library dependencies with 64bit shared library on AIX? If you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

2. AIX

Tape Library on Aix

I am having my 14 Aix 5.3 servers on bladecenters connected with my Tape Library. I had a backup scheduled on tape library but after taking backup successfully, Now, Question 1:- I wanted to restore backup but tape library could not recognize the tape and I get I/O error in TSM. I think it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrek
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why getopts doesn't detect correctly my switches?

Dear all, I have created a KornShell script containing swiches with getopts (command line switches). Normally, my script should work like this: $ ./myscript.ksh -a 12 -b 4 -c 78 The switch a was selected with the argument 12 The switch b was selected with the argument 4 The switch c was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 & Veritas Backup with Tape Library

hello, I am facing this problem when trying to prepare AIX 5.3 for Veritas Backup: Veritas Software is not able to communicate properly with our tape library When we tried to run these commands here's the output # cfgmgr -l fscsi0 # cfgmgr -l fscsi2 # cfgmgr -l fscsi1 cfgmgr:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from TS3200 FC tape library in case of mksysb recovery

Hi all, Is it possible to boot from SMS menu boot devices into TS3200 FC tape library in case of an mksysb recovery on system p550 - 520 power6. please note the library is fibre channel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 7.1 don't detect my DataDomain Library

Hi. I have 2 libraries (overland + data domain). My AIX 7.1 detect all "rmt" of the overland but none of the data domain. I have the Atape driver 12.3.9. During cfgmgr, I have this message : cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

CPIO restoration from LTO2 tape media on AIX 4.3.3

Hi, AIXers :) Recently i'm playing around with cpio command, when i try to list out content from LTO2 Tape media using command: #cpio -itvc < /dev/rmt1 it's stopped at particular path 100777 root 1042591 Mar 24 10:09:05 2012 /home/uv/bin/usd and there was an error thrown out: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.1 cannot discover drives from TS3310 tape library

Good day! Need help in checking my AIX 7.1 box. After we have finished zoning our TS3200 and TS3310 tape libraries, we installed the Atape driver, # lslpp -L |grep tape Atape.driver 11.7.7.0 C F IBM AIX Enhanced Tape and devices.fcp.tape.rte 7.1.3.15 C ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alainken3
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't detect my second monitor

I have Ubuntu 16.04 (dual boot with Windows 10) and a HP Spectre x360 laptop. I have recently bought a Dell Ultrasharp U2515H monitor, which I connect via a Dell docking station. When I plug the docking station to my laptop on Windows, both monitors are detected and everything works fine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
23 Replies
SMCINIT(8)							    Linux IrDA								SMCINIT(8)

NAME
smcinit - initialize the SMSC IrDA controler on various laptops SYNOPSIS
smcinit [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Toshiba Satellite 1800, Satellite 5100, Tecra 9100 laptops and may be many other models are provided with a SMCS LPC47N227 SuperIO chip which is IrDA SIR/FIR capable. The IrDA subsystem of the SuperIO chip is supported by the smc-ircc Linux kernel module. Unfortunately the BIOS neither configurates the SuperIO chip IrDA subsystem (SIR port, FIR port, dma, irq, IrDA mode, power) nor sets the PCI-ISA bridge to decode any usable port. Linux kernel is thus prevented to detect the second UART making impossible to use it in SIR mode. For the same reason, the FIR mode smc-ircc is able to detect the SuperIO chip but, once found the IrDA subsystem unconfigured, fails to install. While this problem will be fixed in Linux 2.6.x kernel series, the 2.4.x users are frustrated. Daniele Peri, Rob Miller and Paul Hampson mananged to build little utilities that initialize the LPC47N227 SuperIO allowing smc-ircc IrDA kernel driver to detect and use the SMSC chip. My sole work was to put these utilities as one package, easy to install and use. OPTIONS
-V, --version Show program version and exit -h, --help Show a little help on options and exit -v, --verbose Increase the details about actions performed -t, --tty=device If specified, the serial device will be unbound from the kernel stock serial driver. It is there to replace an external call to setse- rial(1) to unset the UART of the device. There is no default value. -s, --sirio=IO Set the SIR (serial infrared) I/O port address to IO. Default value is 0x3f8. -f, --firio=IO Set the FIR (fast infrared) I/O port address to IO. Default value is 0x130. -i, --firirq=IRQ Set the FIR (fast infrared) IRQ line to IRQ. Default value is 3. -d, --firdma=DMA Set the FIR (fast infrared) DMA channel to DMA. Default value is 3. CONFIGURATION
When system startup a script is run from /etc/init.d and which run appropriate SMC intialization utility. This is done before PCMCIA startup because on Tecra 9100 and other models the orinoco_cs wireless driver will block the I/O region used 47N227 SuperIO. The only configuration file is /etc/sysconfig/smcinit and the variable SMCCONFIG can be set to "1800" or "5100". By default "5100" value is used. 1800 for Toshiba Satellite 1800 5100 for Toshiba Satellite 5100 and Toshiba Tecra 9100 The next step is to configure the kernel IrDA stack package to attach the smc-ircc driver. This is Linux distribution specific. The main thing is that the device should be set to "irda0". Run the following command: irattach irda0 -s Distribution specific configuration: SuSE Edit the /etc/sysconfig/irda and set IRDA_PORT=irda0 RedHat Edit the /etc/sysconfig/irda and set DEVICE=irda0 NOTES
The smc-ircc driver is preloaded in kernel. I tested the package only on Tecra 9100 without any additional step, but for Toshiba Satellite 1800 Daniele Peri sugest to put the following line in your /etc/modules.conf (on one line): options smc-ircc ircc_dma=3 ircc_irq=7 ircc_cfg=0x2e ircc_sir=0x2e8 ircc_fir=0x2f8 After that run the command: prompt# depmod -a If the laptop enter suspend mode, then resume operation the smc-ircc driver will stop working. You need to stop IrDA service, then SMCINIT, start SMCINIT, and finally start IrDA service. Simply put, the kernel driver must be unloaded, then reloaded. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/smcinit Configuration file for SMCINIT startup script. It's shell script. AUTHOR
This document is made by Claudiu Costin <claudiuc@kde.org> The utilities authors are Daniele Peri, Rob Miller and Paul Hampson. Thomas Pinz made improvements to tosh-smcinit (the former tosh5100-smcinit) to expand the number of Toshiba Satellite models supported. SEE ALSO
smcinit(7), tosh1800-smcinit(8), irattach(1), irdadump(1), http://irda.sourceforge.net/smcinit/ the SMCINIT package home page. 0.4 April 2004 SMCINIT(8)