Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Can top show more than 100% in %MEM? Post 302562714 by rmueller58 on Friday 7th of October 2011 07:50:51 PM
Old 10-07-2011
I have 4 procs on an HP/UX box, generally CPU idle is how top is displayed

If the CPU idle goes below 10% you are in trouble, if it hit 0% expect to deal with system dump

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference in Mem usage ?

Hi All, I have a pair of sun ultra 5_10 with SunOS 5.5.1. Both are almost equally patched and set up with simillar applications. host# uname -a SunOS host 5.5.1 Generic_103640-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Even though both have same amount of RAM ( 512 Mb ) , ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top 'user' reaches 100% many times

Actually, I have 2 questions. At this moment I am running a site which has a lot of visitors. The current server has some problems with running, and I'dd like to see if I can optimize the code to prevent having to upgrade the server. At this moment if I type 'top' on the unix server I see a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wexxl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 100 files and move them

i have some 1000 files in my dir and i want to find top 100 files and move them to some other location: below the 2 commands i used, but it is not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv destination - _________>not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv {}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is max MEM% in top command?

HI, When i use the top command in Linux I get the below values. PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND What is the maximum MEM% that will occur. I got once 303% . Is it possible to get such a high value. Regards, Ahamed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Mem Details

<A href="mailto:root@sssdpmds01$"> root@sssdpmds01$ prstat -a PID USERNAME SIZE RSS STATE PRI NICE TIME CPU PROCESS/NLWP 13831 ogw 2613M 2108M cpu12 0 0 277:43:27 3.9% java/1201 4312 ogw 2641M 2092M sleep 59 0 562:45:51 2.1% java/1235 4469 ogw ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Physical and Free mem on TOP command

Hi, When I run the free command on solaris, I get the following: "Memory: 60G phys mem, 69G free mem" Q: how cna the free mem be higher then the physical mem?:confused: Amit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 5 cpu and Mem consuming process and files and suggestion for health check

I am middle of writing health check scripts, can you pls share commands on how I can get cpu and Mem of top consuming process info at the moment? Also can u suggest ideas on what all I can look for as a part do health check on red hat Linux server? I searched on site before posting, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies