Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring 99% performance wa, slow server. Post 302562636 by ctsgnb on Friday 7th of October 2011 01:39:27 PM
Old 10-07-2011
Which applications do run on your system ?
What are the top CPU consumming processes ?
same question with memory ?
Monitor the swap usage as well.
Please provide more clues

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help! Slow Performance

Is the performance now very, very slow (pages take a very long time to load)? Or is it just me? Neo (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep is very slow : How to improve performance

We have an egrep search in a while loop. egrep -w "$key" ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update >> ${PICKUP_DIR}/update_record_new ${PICKUP_DIR}/new_update is 210 MB file In each iteration, the egrep on an average takes around 50-60 seconds to search. Ther'es nothing significant in the loop other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
7 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow Copy(CP) performance

Hi all We have got issues with copying a 2.6 GB file from one folder to another folder. Well, this is not the first issue we are having on the box currently, i will try to explain everything we have done from the past 2 days. We got a message 2 days back saying that our Production is 98%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_sri
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow copy/performance... between volumes

hi guys We are seeing weird issues on my Linux Suse 10, it has lotus 8.5 and 1 filesystem for OS and another for Lotus Database. the issue is when the Lotus service starts wait on top is very high about 25% percent and in general CPU usage is very high we found that when this happens if we... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Hard disk write performance very slow

Dear All, I have a hard disk in solaris on which the write performanc is too slow. The CPU , RAM memory are absolutely fine. What might be reason. Kindly explain. Rj (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Slow performance filtering file

Please, I need help tuning my script. It works but it's too slow. The code reads an acivity log file with 50.000 - 100.000 lines and filters error messages from it. The data in the actlog file look similar to this: 02/08/2011 00:25:01,ANR2034E QUERY MOUNT: No match found using this criteria.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miila
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Slow copy (cp) performance when overwriting files

I have a lot of binary files I need to copy to a folder. The folder is already filled with files of the same name. Copying on top of the old files takes MUCH longer than if I were to delete the old files then copy the new files to the now-empty folder. This result is specific to one system -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ces55
3 Replies
saidar(1)						      General Commands Manual							 saidar(1)

NAME
saidar - a curses-based tool for viewing system statistics SYNOPSIS
saidar [-d delay] [-c] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
saidar is a curses-based tool for viewing the system statistics available through libstatgrab. Statistics include CPU, processes, load, memory, swap, network I/O, disk I/O, and file system information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. -d DELAY Wait DELAY seconds between updates (default 3) -c Enables coloured output -v Prints the version number -h Display help and exits COLOURED OUTPUT
When the -c option is used saidar uses colours to display the data. Each area has a different colour to distinguish it from the nearby fields. Bold and reverse video effects are used to emphasis fields where necessary. The load average figures are displayed in bold when they're notably (greater that 1) different to each other. This purely shows that a change in the load is occurring. When CPU usage goes over 60% it will be displayed in bold. At 90% the field is displayed using reverse video. Likewise for memory, swap and disk usage at 75% and 90%. Zombie processes are also highlighted. Other values (paging, disk I/O and network I/O) are not highlighted due to the nature of the values; it's not easy to determine what thresholds are significant. SEE ALSO
statgrab(1) statgrab(3) AUTHORS
This man page was written by Bartosz Fenski for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2006/11/30 23:42:42 $ saidar(1)