Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding specific series of strings or characters Post 302562628 by Xterra on Friday 7th of October 2011 12:59:31 PM
Old 10-07-2011
ctsgnb

That's what I was looking for!
Thank you very much!
Just one pretty quick question, what do I need "~" in the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print 10 characters in series

suppose fileA kanika123ABC 1222222222222222 raciat5678ty 1221123333331121 jessica78ulllo 2233243223333333 so output shud be print only first 10 characters in series and rest remain same kanika123A 1222222222222222 raciat5678 1221123333331121 jessica78u ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding strings

Hi I made a post earlier but now my problem has become a lot more complicated. So I have a file that looks like this: Name 1 13 94 1 AGGTT Name 1 31 44 1 TTCCG Name 1 13 94 2 AAAAATTTT Name 1 41 47 2 GGGGGGGGGGG So the file is tab delimited and what I want to do is find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding repitition of series

Dear friends, hello to everyone. I am new to this forum. I have a set of data where I need to find the repitition of series as below data format: 0001230000456000001230000456 each digit can be separated by any delimeter I need to find out the starting point (index) of '123' and '456' I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarms
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Minimum in a Series

I have two LARGE files of data more than 20,000 line each, file-1 and file-2, and I wish to do the following if possible: file-1 1 2 5 7 9 2 4 6 3 8 9 4 6 8 9 3 2 1 3 1 2 . . . file-2 1 2 3 2 5 7 5 7 3 7 9 4 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali2011
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out how to find specific characters in specific columns

I am trying to find a specific set of characters in a long file. I only want to find the characters in column 265 for 4 bytes. Is there a search for that? I tried cut but couldn't get it to work. Ex. I want to find '9999' in column 265 for 4 bytes. If it is in there, I want it to print... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific characters at specific column positions

Hi all, I need help. I have an input text file (input.txt) like this: 21 GTGCAACACCGTCTTGAGAGG 50 21 GACCGAGACAGAATGAAAATC 73 21 CGGGTCTGTAGTAGCAAACGC 108 21 CGAAAAATGAACCCCTTTATC 220 21 CGTGATCCTGTTGAAGGGTCG 259 Now I need to count A/T/G/C numbers at each character location in column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Strings between 2 characters in a file

Hi All, Assuming i have got a file test.dat which has contains as follows: Unix = abc def fgt jug 111 2222 3333 Linux = gggg pppp qqq C# = ccc ffff llll I would like to traverse through the file, get the 1st occurance of "=" and then need to get the sting... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
22 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies
Cache-specific Finding Helpers(3)			     Hardware Locality (hwloc)				 Cache-specific Finding Helpers(3)

NAME
Cache-specific Finding Helpers - Functions static inline int hwloc_get_cache_type_depth (hwloc_topology_t topology, unsigned cachelevel, hwloc_obj_cache_type_t cachetype) static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_cache_covering_cpuset (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_const_cpuset_t set) static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_shared_cache_covering_obj (hwloc_topology_t topology , hwloc_obj_t obj) Detailed Description Function Documentation static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_cache_covering_cpuset (hwloc_topology_ttopology, hwloc_const_cpuset_tset) [static] Get the first cache covering a cpuset set. Returns: NULL if no cache matches. Note: This function cannot work if the root object does not have a CPU set, e.g. if the topology is made of different machines. static inline int hwloc_get_cache_type_depth (hwloc_topology_ttopology, unsignedcachelevel, hwloc_obj_cache_type_tcachetype) [static] Find the depth of cache objects matching cache depth and type. Return the depth of the topology level that contains cache objects whose attributes match cachedepth and cachetype. This function intends to disambiguate the case where hwloc_get_type_depth() returns HWLOC_TYPE_DEPTH_MULTIPLE. If no cache level matches, HWLOC_TYPE_DEPTH_UNKNOWN is returned. If cachetype is HWLOC_OBJ_CACHE_UNIFIED, the depth of the unique matching unified cache level is returned. If cachetype is HWLOC_OBJ_CACHE_DATA or HWLOC_OBJ_CACHE_INSTRUCTION, either a matching cache, or a unified cache is returned. If cachetype is -1, it is ignored and multiple levels may match. The function returns either the depth of a uniquely matching level or HWLOC_TYPE_DEPTH_MULTIPLE. static inline hwloc_obj_t hwloc_get_shared_cache_covering_obj (hwloc_topology_t topology, hwloc_obj_tobj) [static] Get the first cache shared between an object and somebody else. Returns: NULL if no cache matches or if an invalid object is given. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Hardware Locality (hwloc) from the source code. Version 1.7 Sun Apr 7 2013 Cache-specific Finding Helpers(3)