Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Left Join in Unix based on Key? Post 302562582 by stack on Friday 7th of October 2011 10:27:11 AM
Old 10-07-2011
thanks!! yes I was missing -a option which is what I needed!! thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Left join on files using awk

nawk 'NR==FNR{a;next} {if($1 in a) print $1,"Found" else print}' OFS="," File_B File_A The above code is not working help is appreciated (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join 3 files using key column in a mapping file

I'm new of UNIX shell scripting. I'm recently generating a excel report in UNIX(file with delimiter is fine). How should I make a script to do it? 1 file to join comes from output of one UNIX command, the second from another UNIX command, and third from a database query. The key columes of all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigsmile
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Relational Join (Composite Key)

hi, i have file 1: ====== 0501000|X1 0502000|X2 0501231|X3 0981222|X4 0502000|X6 0503000|X7 0932322|X8 file 2: ======= 050 0501 0502 09 098 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

5. Programming

LEFT JOIN issue in Mysql

I have a data table as follows: mysql> select * from validations where source = "a03"; +------------+-------+--------+ | date | price | source | +------------+-------+--------+ | 2001-01-03 | 80 | a03 | | 2001-01-04 | 82 | a03 | | 2001-01-05 | 84 | a03 | | 2001-01-06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

left join using awk

Hi guys, I need to use awk to join 2 files file_1 A 001 B 002 C 003 file_2 A XX1 B XX2 output desired A 001 XX1 B 002 missing C 003 XX2 thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1org1o
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

left join using awk

Hi guys, I need AWK to merge the following 2 files: file1 1 a 1 1 2 b 2 2 3 c 3 3 4 d 4 4 file2 a a/a c/c a/c c/c a/a c/t c c/t c/c a/t g/g c/c c/t desired output: 1 a 1 1 a/a c/c a/c c/c a/a c/t 2 b 2 2 x x x x x x 3 c 3 3 c/t c/c a/t g/g c/c c/t 4 d 4 4 x x x x x x (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1org1o
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate Join clause based on key data

Hi, I have a file pk.txt which has pk data in following format TableName | PK Employee | id Contact|name,country My Output should be Employee | t1.id=s.id Contact| t1.name=s.name AND t1.country=s.country I started of like this: for LIST in `cat pk.txt` do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join 2 CSVs based on 1 key

Hello, I have 2 csv as follows: a.csv: name,phone,adress,car xy,1234,asbd yz,2134,asbdf tc,6789,salkdur b.csv: telphone,vehicle 2134,toyota 6789,bmw 1234,honda What is need is this: output.csv: name,phone,adres,car xy,1234,asbd,honda yz,2134,asbdf,toyota (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join, merge, fill NULL the void columns of multiples files like sql "LEFT JOIN" by using awk

Hello, This post is already here but want to do this with another way Merge multiples files with multiples duplicates keys by filling "NULL" the void columns for anothers joinning files file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: 1|123|jojo 1|NULL|bibi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
2 Replies
DH_MISSING(1)							     Debhelper							     DH_MISSING(1)

NAME
       dh_missing - check for missing files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_missing [-Xitem] [--sourcedir=dir] [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_missing compares the list of installed files with the files in the source directory. If any of the files (and symlinks) in the source
       directory were not installed to somewhere, it will warn on stderr about that (--list-missing) or fail (--fail-missing).	Please note that
       without either of these options, dh_missing will silently do nothing.

This may be useful if you have a large package and want to make sure that you don't miss installing newly added files in new upstream
       releases.

Remember to test different kinds of builds (dpkg-buildpackage -A/-B/...) as you may experience varying results when only a subset of the
       packages are built.

FILES
       debian/not-installed
	   List the files that are deliberately not installed in any binary package.  Paths listed in this file are ignored by dh_missing.
	   However, it is not a method to exclude files from being installed by any of the debhelper tool.  If you want a tool to not install a
	   given file, please use its --exclude option (where available).

dh_missing will expand wildcards in this file (since debhelper 11.1).  Wildcards without matches will be ignored.

OPTIONS
       --list-missing
	   Warn on stderr about source files not installed to somewhere.

Note that files that are excluded from being moved via the -X option are not warned about.

This is the default in compat 12 and later.

--fail-missing
	   This option is like --list-missing, except if a file was missed, it will not only list the missing files, but also fail with a nonzero
	   exit code.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							     DH_MISSING(1)