Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library Post 302562490 by h@foorsa.biz on Friday 7th of October 2011 05:23:12 AM
Old 10-07-2011
Yes I have atape driver installed.
Code:
root@host/ # lslpp -l | grep -i atape
  Atape.driver              11.6.0.0  COMMITTED  IBM AIX Enhanced Tape and

Last edited by h@foorsa.biz; 10-07-2011 at 06:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ldd doesn't work with 64bit .so library on AIX

I generated my shared library in 64bit on AIX, but when I ran ldd, it says: Could not load program libmylib.so: Could not load module libmylib.so. The module has an invalid magic number. Anyone knows how to list library dependencies with 64bit shared library on AIX? If you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

2. AIX

Tape Library on Aix

I am having my 14 Aix 5.3 servers on bladecenters connected with my Tape Library. I had a backup scheduled on tape library but after taking backup successfully, Now, Question 1:- I wanted to restore backup but tape library could not recognize the tape and I get I/O error in TSM. I think it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrek
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why getopts doesn't detect correctly my switches?

Dear all, I have created a KornShell script containing swiches with getopts (command line switches). Normally, my script should work like this: $ ./myscript.ksh -a 12 -b 4 -c 78 The switch a was selected with the argument 12 The switch b was selected with the argument 4 The switch c was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 & Veritas Backup with Tape Library

hello, I am facing this problem when trying to prepare AIX 5.3 for Veritas Backup: Veritas Software is not able to communicate properly with our tape library When we tried to run these commands here's the output # cfgmgr -l fscsi0 # cfgmgr -l fscsi2 # cfgmgr -l fscsi1 cfgmgr:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from TS3200 FC tape library in case of mksysb recovery

Hi all, Is it possible to boot from SMS menu boot devices into TS3200 FC tape library in case of an mksysb recovery on system p550 - 520 power6. please note the library is fibre channel (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 7.1 don't detect my DataDomain Library

Hi. I have 2 libraries (overland + data domain). My AIX 7.1 detect all "rmt" of the overland but none of the data domain. I have the Atape driver 12.3.9. During cfgmgr, I have this message : cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

CPIO restoration from LTO2 tape media on AIX 4.3.3

Hi, AIXers :) Recently i'm playing around with cpio command, when i try to list out content from LTO2 Tape media using command: #cpio -itvc < /dev/rmt1 it's stopped at particular path 100777 root 1042591 Mar 24 10:09:05 2012 /home/uv/bin/usd and there was an error thrown out: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.1 cannot discover drives from TS3310 tape library

Good day! Need help in checking my AIX 7.1 box. After we have finished zoning our TS3200 and TS3310 tape libraries, we installed the Atape driver, # lslpp -L |grep tape Atape.driver 11.7.7.0 C F IBM AIX Enhanced Tape and devices.fcp.tape.rte 7.1.3.15 C ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alainken3
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't detect my second monitor

I have Ubuntu 16.04 (dual boot with Windows 10) and a HP Spectre x360 laptop. I have recently bought a Dell Ultrasharp U2515H monitor, which I connect via a Dell docking station. When I plug the docking station to my laptop on Windows, both monitors are detected and everything works fine. ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
23 Replies
CHIO(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   CHIO(1)

NAME
chio -- medium changer control utility SYNOPSIS
chio [-f changer] command arg1 arg2 [arg3 [...]] DESCRIPTION
chio is used to control the operation of medium changers, such as those found in tape and optical disk jukeboxes. The options are as follows: -f changer Use the device changer rather than the default device /dev/ch0. The default changer may be overridden by setting the environment variable CHANGER to the desired changer device. A medium changer apparatus is made up of elements. There are four element types: picker (medium transport), slot (storage), portal (import/export), and drive (data transfer). In this command description, the shorthand ET will be used to represent an element type, and EU will be used to represent an element unit. For example, to represent the first robotic arm in the changer, the ET would be ``picker'' and the EU would be ``0''. SUPPORTED COMMANDS
chio move <from ET> <from EU> <to ET> <to EU> [inv] Moves the media unit from <from ET/EU> to <to ET/EU>. If the optional modifier inv is specified, the media unit will be inverted before insertion. chio exchange <src ET> <src EU> <dst1 ET> <dst1 EU> [<dst2 ET> <dst2 ET>] [inv1] [inv2] Performs a media unit exchange operation. The media unit in <src ET/EU> is moved to <dst1 ET/EU> and the media unit previously in <dst1 ET/EU> is moved to <dst2 ET/EU>. In the case of a simple exchange, <dst2 ET/EU> is omitted and the values <src ET/EU> are used in their place. The optional modifiers inv1 and inv2 specify whether the media units are to be inverted before insertion into <dst1 ET/EU> and <dst2 ET/EU> respectively. Note that not all medium changers support the exchange operation; The changer must have multiple free pickers or emulate multiple free pick- ers with transient storage. chio position <to ET> <to EU> [inv] Position the picker in front of the element described by <to ET/EU>. If the optional modifier inv is specified, the media unit will be inverted before insertion. Note that not all changers behave as expected when issued this command. chio params Report the number of slots, drives, pickers, and portals in the changer, and which picker unit the changer is currently configured to use. chio getpicker Report which picker unit the changer is currently configured to use. chio setpicker <unit> Configure the changer to use picker <unit>. chio status [<type> [unit [count]]] [voltags] Report the status of all elements in the changer. If <type> is specified, report the status of all elements of type <type>. The status bits are defined as follows: FULL Element contains a media unit. IMPEXP Media was deposited into element by an outside human operator. EXCEPT Element is in an abnormal state. ACCESS Media in this element is accessible by a picker. EXENAB Element supports passing media (exporting) to an outside human operator. INENAB Element supports receiving media (importing) from an outside human operator. If the element is a drive, the device name of the drive will be reported if it is available. If the [voltags] option is specified, primary and alternate volume tag information will be reported, if available. If the previous location of the media is available, it will also be reported. chio ielem Perform an INITIALIZE ELEMENT STATUS operation on the changer. chio cdlu <sub-command> <slot> This command is provided for controlling CD-ROM changer mechanisms which cannot use the standard changer control interface. ATAPI CD-ROM changers fall into this category. There are 3 sub-commands: load Loads the media from the specified slot into the CD-ROM drive. unload Unloads the media from the CD-ROM drive and returns it to the specified slot. abort Aborts any pending load or unload operation. FILES
/dev/ch0 - default changer device EXAMPLES
chio -f /dev/ch0 move slot 3 drive 0 Moves the media in slot 3 (fourth slot) to drive 0 (first drive). chio setpicker 2 Configures the changer to use picker 2 (third picker) for operations. chio -f /dev/cd0a cdlu load 1 Loads the media from slot (second slot) into the CD-ROM drive. chio -f /dev/ch1 status Returns status of all elements in the second changer. SEE ALSO
mt(1), mount(8) AUTHORS
The chio program and SCSI changer driver were originally written by Jason R. Thorpe for And Communications, http://www.and.com/. Additional development was done by Jason R. Thorpe for the Numerical Aerospace Simulation Facility, NASA Ames Research Center. BSD
September 8, 1999 BSD