Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX User attributes not update in user file Post 302562481 by newaix on Friday 7th of October 2011 04:26:02 AM
Old 10-07-2011
User attributes not update in user file

Hi Admins,

I am running IAX 5.3

I have created a user with attributes maxage et. The user entry i can see in /etc/security/user file with only one attribute admin=false. how to update the user attributes like maxage etc.

Regards
Pavan

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

patch update with single user mode

Hi All, How do I execute patch update on a single user mode? Please give me the steps by step procedures? Is single user mode the same as run level 1? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining if user is local-user in /etc/passwd or LDAP user

Besides doing some shell-script which loops through /etc/passwd, I was wondering if there was some command that would tell me, like an enhanced version of getent. The Operating system is Solaris 10 (recent-ish revision) using Sun DS for LDAP. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

5. AIX

Identify User Attributes

SOS Guys... Is there any way to determine the user attributes, mainly if that userid is set as never expire? I do not have admin rights, and I'm working on AIX 5.3 I've tried : lsuser -f <username> but no luck on that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakygs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

user attributes not showing when I run the script

I am new to linux/unix scripting and working in one company on linux project. I got a script that when it executes should give us the users atributes showing who is retriving data? the script should show us who are the users reriving information. I ran that script as sudo ./test4 but finding the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starter2011
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAPSEARCH Return NULL User Attributes

Using ldapsearch to return entries from OID for specific attributes. However, if an attribute is null the field value is not returned. Is there anyway to force ldap to return field names in all cases? LDAP: ldapsearch -T -v -h aaaaa -p 111 -D "cn=orcladmin" -w "xxxx" -L -b... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
0 Replies
userdbset(1M)															     userdbset(1M)

NAME
userdbset - modify information in the user database, /var/adm/userdb SYNOPSIS
name attr [attr]... attr [attr]... name] DESCRIPTION
modifies the per-user information residing in the user database, A per-user value in the user database overrides any system-wide default configured in See userdb(4) and security(4) for more details about the user database and system-wide defaults, respectively. If one or more arguments are specified on the command line, initializes or modifies each attribute specified by attr to the specified value for the specified user name. Options The following options are recognized: Modify specified attributes for all users. Delete attributes; the (see security(4)) system-wide default will then apply. If one or more attr arguments are specified, only those attributes are deleted. Otherwise, if no attr arguments are specified, all configurable attributes are deleted for the specified user name. Import the contents of filename into the user database. Each line in the data file, filename, must be in the following format: The output of is in this format and can be used as the input file. See the example in the section. Remove internal attributes in addition to the configurable ones. Internal attributes are not user configurable and are normally modified only by programs that enforce system security. The file indicates which attributes are configurable and which are internal. Initialize, modify or delete specified attributes for the specified user name. Authorizations In order to invoke the user must either be root (running with effective uid of 0) or, if the Role-Based Access Control Extensions product (RBACExt) is installed, have the appropriate authorization(s). Users with the appropriate authorizations can use to add, modify or delete security attributes for other users, but are prohibited from changing the security attributes for local root users. Only root users can add, modify or delete the security attributes of local root users. Refer to rbac(5) for more information on the Role-Based Access Control product. The following is a list of the required authorizations for running with particular options: Allows the user to invoke The user will also need specific authorizations to modify or delete the various attributes in the user database. Allows the user to delete the per-user attribute (attr) named in the object of the authorization pair. An object of will allow the user to delete any attribute. Allows the user to initialize or modify the per-user attribute (attr) named in the object of the authorization pair. An object of will allow the user to initialize or modify any attribute. Allows the user to import user attributes into the user database using the option. Users with this authorization are allowed to import attributes for all users, including local root users. Notes Only users who have read and write access to can run validates attributes and attribute values based on information in The validation of an attribute fails if: o Any specified attr is not listed in o does not allow a per-user value for the attr. o name is not a valid user. o allows the attr only for local users, and name is not in o The value of an attr is not within the range specified in RETURN VALUE
exits with one of the following values: success invalid user invalid usage insufficient permission to access the user database file system error invalid attribute; does not allow a per-user value an attribute value is not within the range specified in block overflow entry overflow database lock failure database is disabled; see userdb(4) invalid user name not a local user EXAMPLES
In the following example, the first command deletes all of the configurable attributes for user while retaining the internal attributes. At this point, the system-wide defaults in apply. The second command sets minimum password length to 7 and to 0022 (the leading zero denotes an octal value). The next command deletes the minimum password length, which causes the system-wide default to be used. The following example deletes the user-specific audit flag for all users. The system-wide default will then apply for all users. The following example saves the configurable attributes for all users option) into a file, using the command. If needed, the attributes can then be restored at a later point by importing the file with The second command imports the configurable attributes into the user data- base. FILES
user database security defaults configuration file security attributes description file SEE ALSO
userdbck(1M), userdbget(1M), userdb_read(3), security(4), userdb(4), rbac(5). userdbset(1M)