Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to resolve Filesystem Full? Post 302562450 by christr on Friday 7th of October 2011 12:40:47 AM
Old 10-07-2011
Something must be writing a large number of small files to be taking up all your inodes. Maybe do a search of the newest files, and see what's filling it up.

Example: This would list the files written in the last 7 days.

find / -name "*" -ctime +7

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem Full

I noticed that whenever something is printed from my workstation, the available disk space in the /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 decreases considerably. Hence, after using my workstation for sometime, I encounter an error message: "Filesystem Full" that prevents me from printing any further. Is there a way to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/tmp filesystem full

I am running AIX 3 4. When I do a df I get: Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 32768 10232 69% 1309 16% / /dev/hd2 917504 86360 91% 19744 18% /usr /dev/hd9var 131072 67712 49% 617 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: szodiac
11 Replies

3. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem full

my root filesystem is eventually full "/dev/rdsk/c1d0s0" as a result i cannot boot to the operating system, i booted into the fail safe mode to check the space using df -h command i discover that it is eventually full. Also to my amazement i found that i cannot see the filesystem which mounted on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

/ filesystem getting full

Hi All, How do I increase the root filesystem? It's getting full. / 90% Here's the break down, below 232 dev 5624 tmp *6764 bin 16860 root *19680 sbin *20436 lib64 28329 boot *47992 etc 150012 var *254540 lib 651708 home *2445044 usr (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem is full

Hello everybody, a very basic question. Inspite of me deleting huge files in a filesystem(AIX 5.3) in oracle folder, the filesystem when i check using df -k still shows 100% full. Does that mean there is a process still pointing to the files which i deleted. how do i work around this. Thanks!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

7. AIX

/var filesystem is full

Hi, Is there a way to clear the temp files from /var/tmp? Is root access required to delete the files? Thanks, Narayan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Filesystem Full

In our shop we have to run a batch cycle. Every so often while we are running batch we get a filesystem full situation that causes batch to stop or slow down. Anyway, the practiced procedure is to look for large files and zip them. This takes a lot of time. We are in a sun solaris environment. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

9. AIX

Livedump filesystem almost full

Guy's I'm getting this message Livedump filesystem almost full in errpt logs and its meanning this file system /var/adm/ras/livedump /var has more than 1.5 GB free space .. why I'm getting that message and .. Pls advice to to avoide it ---------- Post updated 03-21-11 at 01:39 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies
ff(1M)                                                    System Administration Commands                                                    ff(1M)

NAME
ff - list file names and statistics for a file system SYNOPSIS
ff [-F FSType] [-V] [generic_options] [-o specific_options] special... DESCRIPTION
ff prints the pathnames and inode numbers of files in the file system which resides on the special device special. Other information about the files may be printed using options described below. Selection criteria may be used to instruct ff to only print information for cer- tain files. If no selection criteria are specified, information for all files considered will be printed (the default); the -i option may be used to limit files to those whose inodes are specified. Output is sorted in ascending inode number order. The default line produced by ff is: path-name i-number The maximum information the command will provide is: path-name i-number size uid OPTIONS
-F Specify the FSType on which to operate. The FSType should either be specified here or be determinable from /etc/vfstab by matching the special with an entry in the table, or by consulting /etc/default/fs. -V Echo the complete command line, but do not execute the command. The command line is generated by using the options and arguments provided by the user and adding to them information derived from /etc/vfstab. This option may be used to verify and validate the command line. generic_options Options that are supported by most FSType-specific modules of the command. The following options are available: -I Do not print the i-node number after each path name. -l Generate a supplementary list of all path names for multiply-linked files. -p prefix The specified prefix will be added to each generated path name. The default is `.' (dot). -s Print the file size, in bytes, after each path name. -u Print the owner's login name after each path name. -a -n Select if the file has been accessed in n days. -m -n Select if the file has been written or created in n days. -c -n Select if file's status has been changed in n days. -n file Select if the file has been modified more recently than the argument file. -i i-node-list Generate names for only those i-nodes specified in i-node-list. i-node-list is a list of numbers separated by commas (with no intervening spaces). -o Specify FSType-specific options in a comma separated (without spaces) list of suboptions and keyword-attribute pairs for interpretation by the FSType-specific module of the command. OPERANDS
special A special device. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of ff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). FILES
/etc/default/fs default local file system type. Default values can be set for the following flags in /etc/default/fs. For example: LOCAL=ufs LOCAL The default partition for a command if no FSType is specified. /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
find(1), ncheck(1M), stat(2), vfstab(4), attributes(5), largefile(5) Manual pages for the FSType-specific modules of ff. NOTES
This command may not be supported for all FSTypes. The -a, -m, and -c flags examine the st_atime, st_mtime, and st_ctime fields of the stat structure respectively. (See stat(2).) SunOS 5.10 10 Feb 1997 ff(1M)