Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with numbers in exponential format Post 302562341 by pludi on Thursday 6th of October 2011 02:46:49 PM
Old 10-06-2011
MySQL

Thank you for keeping us informed, and a special thank you for showing that new users can indeed write meaningful subjects and do use their own brains trying to solve a problem, instead of just relying on others. Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting exponential values

Hi. Is there a way to convert a value outputted as(for example): 4.14486e+06 into a regular format: 4144860 I suppose in plain english i want to move the decimal point 6 places to the right. please??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rleebife
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert exponential value to decimal

Hi, Here is my script to read a file into array: awk -F '+' ' # load first file into array indexed by fields 1 and 2 NR == FNR { file1nr = FNR for (i=3; i<NF; i++) { file1 = $i } I have this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exponential format

awk -F"\t" -vv1=$name 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"} {gsub ("http://www."v1".com","",$6);print $1"\t-\t-","",$6,$7,$9,$2,$14,$15"\t""Apache=-\t-",$8*1000000"\t-\t-\t-\tdeflate=-\trmt=-"}' file.txt > a.txt file.txt 144.130.7.153 www.chi.com - 18/Jul/2010:00:00:00 +0000 GET... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting exponential notation

Hi, I just want to sort my file with exponential notation. For example: 1;2;4;s 1;5e-01;4;s 1;1;4;s I used sort -gk2, but it does not sort in the correct way. What's wrong? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: NilsMueller
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exponential issues

I have the below awk command to search a row and find the line number. It returns the value in exponential. I understand we can use the print "%.0f\n" to convert the exponential. I wanted to have this in my awk command. Can anyone advise bnd=`awk '/^GS/{p=NR}$0~"^ABC.*\\*"k{f=1}/^GE/&&f{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with format numbers

Hello Everyone! I hope you can help me!! I have this little problem: I executed oracle query and the output of the result are in a text file called "DATAFILE.txt", and the value of file is: 97.37 Well, the script compare the result in text file with a condition: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbasystem
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sum in exponential form

Hello guys, i have got a flat file and it has got balance amount value as one of its fields. my mission is to add the total of those balance values. i am getting that but the result is coming up in exponential form, which is not the right way. i want to see the sum as a normal decimal number but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Avoid exponential value

I'm using the following command, but how can I avoid printing exponential value (highlighted):- awk ' BEGIN { OFS=FS="|" } { if(NF>4) $10=int(((3.77*$11)/100 + $11)); } { print } ' infile CR|20121022|105|GSM|N|SAN|00122|SAN|75082|6.03929e+06|5819880|5794769|25111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: Wondering how to format numbers with comma

I have tried the following commands and can't get a number to format with commas: echo 1234567.12 |awk '{printf("%-12s %20s\n", $0, comma($0)) }' This prints out value 50000 without a comma for i in *13*; do (cd $i && du -sk . && echo $i);done|grep -v 0000|gawk -F OFS="," ' {SUM += $1}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the format of an Excel from exponential to text through UNIX command?

How to change the format of an excel from exponential to text through UNIX command We have a pipe delimited file in which one particular A column is a combination of number+text and while converting into excel using tr command it is generating a exponential data for the A column. Kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbiramiRaja
2 Replies
ppmquantall(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ppmquantall(1)

NAME
ppmquantall - run ppmquant on a bunch of files all at once, so they share a common colormap SYNOPSIS
ppmquantall [-ext extension] ncolors ppmfile ... DESCRIPTION
Takes a bunch of portable pixmap as input. Chooses ncolors colors to best represent all of the images, maps the existing colors to the new ones, and overwrites the input files with the new quantized versions. If you don't want to overwrite your input files, use the -ext option. The output files are then named the same as the input files, plus a period and the extension text you specify. Verbose explanation: Let's say you've got a dozen pixmaps that you want to display on the screen all at the same time. Your screen can only display 256 different colors, but the pixmaps have a total of a thousand or so different colors. For a single pixmap you solve this problem with ppmquant; this script solves it for multiple pixmaps. All it does is concatenate them together into one big pixmap, run ppmquant on that, and then split it up into little pixmaps again. (Note that another way to solve this problem is to pre-select a set of colors and then use ppmquant's -map option to separately quantize each pixmap to that set.) SEE ALSO
ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 27 July 1990 ppmquantall(1)