Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying exponent value as string in PERL script Post 302562112 by clx on Thursday 6th of October 2011 03:51:01 AM
Old 10-06-2011
If its the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel which is generating the xls files.
you can force the values to be "string" with write_string method.
Probably you are using the write method which automatically resolves the datatype and set the property accordingly.

Code:
$worksheet->write_string(.......)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying double quotes using Perl

Hi Guys, I'm a Perl newbie and was wondering if there's a way of displaying double quotes within double quotes. I'm try to print the contents of the variable to a file by using the system function. Here is an example of my code: #============================== $website = <STDIN>;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbdesouza
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

I am having issue dispalying text file in browser using perl. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; open (FH , "access.log") || die "Blah $!"; while (<FH>) { print $_ ; } I have correct permissions and everything. The weired thing is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

Don't know why this didn't get posted before but... I am having issues displaying a log file in the browser using perl and I can't get it to display at all, All i get is WHITE (blank page). I have proper permissions in my cgi-bin directory and everywhere else. So I know that's NOT the issue. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying only First Occurrence of a String

Hi, My requirement is that I should search for a particular string and display the string only once if there is more occurrence of the same string in a file. e.g In the given below log file,the string AMQ5037 comes twice.I want to search for this string and display it only once.grep will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charudpss
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL- converting exponent value to floating point

Hi Friends, I've an exponent value like, $val="9.57669e-05"; I want to convert this value to floating point value in PERL scripting. I tried googling for the solution, and also asked many perl friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get answer. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to raise a integer by a exponent (while loop)

I am trying to write a script that raises a integer (m) by a exponent (n) using a while loop ex. 5 raised to the power of 2 .. I am a beginner and i dont know what is the opperand or command i have to use to make this happen..this is what i have so far... echo "Enter a integer for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string and displaying the text before?

Hi folks. I am trying to script a query of a backup server that will display sessions that are "waiting" for a mount... So for, i query my system which returns a process # that is waiting... The output looks like this: 20,984 Backup Storage Pool Primary Pool T950_TAPE_WIN, Copy Pool... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Comparing to two files and displaying the differences

Hi, I'm new to perl and i have to write a perl script that will compare to log/txt files and display the differences. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to use any complied binaries or applications like diff or comm. So far i've across a code like this: use strict; use warnings; my $list1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dont_be_hasty
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script - Help me extracting a string

I have input like this : TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 07-FEB-2012 04:19:45 Copyright (c) 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /t3local_apps/apps/oracle/product/11.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a number in binary using perl

printf FH2" 3'b%b : begin\n",$i; where i is an integer in the loop is displaying 3'b1 : begin expected output was 3'b001 : begin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies
CHARTEX(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       CHARTEX(1p)

NAME
chartex - A utility to extract charts from an Excel file for insertion into a Spreadsheet::WriteExcel file. DESCRIPTION
This program is used for extracting one or more charts from an Excel file in binary format. The charts can then be included in a "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" file. See the "add_chart_ext()" section of the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel documentation for more details. SYNOPSIS
chartex [--chartname --help --man] file.xls Options: --chartname -c The root name for the extracted charts, defaults to "chart". OPTIONS
--chartname or -c This sets the root name for the extracted charts, defaults to "chart". For example: $ chartex file.xls Extracting "Chart1" to chart01.bin $ chartex -c mychart file.xls Extracting "Chart1" to mychart01.bin --help or -h Print a brief help message and exits. --man or -m Prints the manual page and exits. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org VERSION
Version 0.02. COPYRIGHT
X MMV, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This program is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-29 CHARTEX(1p)