Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing number between xml tags with ksh shell script Post 302562104 by Demoric on Thursday 6th of October 2011 03:40:19 AM
Old 10-06-2011
Thanks alot for the response. Your solution works. Smilie However, would it be possible to replace new_val by a piece of code that inserts a random number at lenght 14? Preferably not starting with a 0.

---------- Post updated at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:58 AM ----------

I created something looking like this. Currently im at a loss how to add the lenght 13 array to the value 1 that is yet present in new_val

Code:

x=0
new_val=1
imsiarray[13]

#Generate unique IMSI ID
 while ((x < 13)) ; do
         imsiarray[x]=$RANDOM
       x = x+1
  done

#here imsiarray needs to be converted to new_val

sed 's/\(<ns2:imsi>\)[0-9][0-9]*\(<\/ns2:imsi>\)/\1'$new_val'\2/g' $dateiundpfad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a number with random variable inside shell script

Hi All. I need help for the below logic. I ve a file like following input file: NopTX(5) // should be remain same as input ----Nop(@100); //1 Nop(90); //2 --Nop(80); //3 @Nop(70); //4 --@Nop(60); //5 @Nop@(@50); //6 --Nop@( 40); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last record in xml with different tags

I have special requirement, my system provided the xml file as below(available xml file) and I need to convert it as below desired xml file. is it possible thru shell scripts or awk? What I need is : my available xml contains number of records with tags <RevenueAmounts>, the last of record is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing part of XML code inside comment tags

Hello! I'd like to modify custom values in a XML config file between comment tags using bash script. <feature> <keyboardshortcut>C-m</keyboardshortcut> <option1>disabled</option2> <option2>enabled</option2> </feature> <!-- bash script features START --> <feature> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prism1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to arrange xml tags in single row using shell script?

I want to put one xml record in one row and so on... sample two records are here. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS -</L> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading xml tags from ksh script

Hi, I have an XMl file, below is sample: <TRANSFORMATION DESCRIPTION ="Created by:- " NAME ="LKP_FT_T_FILEK" OBJECTVERSION ="1" REUSABLE ="YES" TYPE ="Lookup Procedure" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> </TRANSFORMATION> I need to read the tag, and if the tag is TRANSORMATION, i want to check the Type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag

Hi unix Gurus, I am really new to Unix Scripting. Please help me to create a shell script which reads the xml file and from that i need to fetch a particular information. For example <SOURCE BUSINESSNAME ="" DATABASETYPE ="Teradata" DBDNAME ="DWPROD3" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmilePlease
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml tags and then remove the tag using shell script

<Start> <Header> This is header section </Header> <Body> <Body_start> This is body section <a> <b> <c> <st>111</st> </c> <d> <st>blank</st> </d> </b> </a> </Body_start> <Body_section> This is body section (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
3 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specifed size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks Treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE is a number which may be followed by one of the following suffixes: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 TRUNCATE(1)