Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change XML file structure script Post 302561863 by cgkmal on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 11:54:12 AM
Old 10-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Life
I read your requirements three times and I still could not figure it out.
Hi, thanks for answer.

Sorry for my explanation. In input file there are repeated names and in the output only appear once with their corresponding values. Maybe you could understand better only seeing how is the input and how is the output.

Quote:
You have a large project.
I'm not sure, I've seen several questions of more complex xml transformations here, I hope this is not too complex. Maybe awk, sed or combination of those with bash.

Quote:
Why do you have to write a solution using unix shell script?

Try using a compiled language.
This because is what I could understand and what I thought could be the solution. I really dont know a compiled language to try doing something like this.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change function structure with perl (regExp)

Hello all i have some function what looks like this class.method("servantName").servantMethod(arg1,arg2,arg3) now i need to convert it to : class.method("servantName","servantMethod",arg1,arg2,arg3); is there any wasy way to do that consider that the arg1+2+3 can be also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for a writing the directory structure to a file

Hi All, I am new user of shell scripting has come up with a problem. that I have a directory structure like : Home | |--------A | |----trunk | |-------A_0_1/ | | | |-------A_0_2/ | |--------B | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change Specific Lines in An XML file

hi Guys, this is my requirement, there is a huge xml file of this i have to change 3 lines with out opening the file /users/oracle > cat lnxdb-pts-454.xml|egrep "s_virtual|s_cluster|s_dlsnstatus" <cluster_port oa_var="s_clusterServicePort">9998</cluster_port> <host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(1) 						  iptables 1.4.21						   IPTABLES-XML(1)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-XML(1)