Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to open port 1001 on AIX 6.1 Post 302561841 by vbe on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 10:44:58 AM
Old 10-05-2011
Exactly, port numbers 0 through 1023 are assigned by RFC 1700... anyway oracle sets listener ports to values above 1500...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open an port on freebsd

i have made some thing with leds on it. i put it directly on the printer port. in dos and windows i can send data to it with outp(0x378,123); and then have some leds on and some leds off. i found out that it is possible linux with same assembly (after searching much.). but i want to have those led... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

3. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

4. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to open a specific port

Hi All, Can anyone let me know that how to open a specific port in Solaris 10. I just wanted to know if there are some certain commands to open a port (like ftp, telnet). It would be also better if someone can tell me if there is another firewall service in Solaris 10 except ipfilter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - How to Open a Port

Hi, I would like to open a specific port for use with a bespoke application. Before everyone points me to other threads - I read a few but couldn't find any specific to my problem. Iptables / firewall is disabled SELinux is also disabled I would just like to assign this port to this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Open port with iptables

Hi, What iptables command do I need to run in order to open up the following port for incomming traffic on the following server: # telnet 127.0.0.1 1521 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

10. AIX

NAGIOS Service not able to open port on AIX 7.1

I have an AIX 7.1 LPAR where Nagios agent was installed for monitoring. The issue is that when I start the nagios service (ncpa_listener), it starts but does not open the 5693 port it requires for communication. On all other LPARs the service opens the port and is listening. I tried reinstalling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
4 Replies
IEEE1284_OPEN(3)						     Functions							  IEEE1284_OPEN(3)

NAME
ieee1284_open - open a port SYNOPSIS
#include <ieee1284.h> int ieee1284_open(struct parport *port, int flags, int *capabilities); DESCRIPTION
In order to begin using a port it must be opened. Any initial set-up of the port is done at this stage. When an open port is no longer needed it should be closed with ieee1284_close(3). The possible flags are: F1284_EXCL This device cannot share the port with any other device. If this is the case it must be declared at this stage, so that other drivers trying to access the port know not to bother; otherwise they will wait until this driver releases the port, i.e. never. The iopl/dev-port access methods don't support this yet, but the ppdev ones do. If capabilities is not NULL it must point to storage for an int, which will be treated as a set of flags, one per bit, which the library sets or clears as appropriate. If a capability is present it will be used when asked for. They are: CAP1284_RAW Pin-level access is available. If this capability is present then the following functions are effective: ieee1284_write_data, ieee1284_read_status, ieee1284_wait_status, ieee1284_write_control, ieee1284_read_control, ieee1284_frob_control. CAP1284_NIBBLE There is an implementation of nibble mode for this port. CAP1284_BYTE There is an implementation of byte mode for this port. CAP1284_COMPAT There is an implementation of compatibility mode for this port. CAP1284_ECP There is a hardware implementation of ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_ECPRLE There is an RLE-aware implementation of ECP mode for this port (the F1284_RLE flag is recognised by the ECP transfer functions). CAP1284_ECPSWE There is a software implementation of ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_BECP There is an implementation of bounded ECP mode for this port. CAP1284_EPP There is a hardware implementation of EPP mode for this port. CAP1284_EPPSWE There is a software implementation of EPP mode for this port. CAP1284_IRQ An interrupt line is configured for this port and interrupt notifications can be received using ieee1284_get_irq_fd(3). CAP1284_DMA A DMA channel is configured for this port. RETURN VALUE
E1284_OK The port is now opened. E1284_INIT There was a problem during port initialization. This could be because another driver has opened the port exclusively, or some other reason. E1284_NOMEM There is not enough memory. E1284_NOTAVAIL One or more of the supplied flags is not supported by this type of port. E1284_INVALIDPORT The port parameter is invalid (for instance, the port may already be open). E1284_SYS There was a problem at the operating system level. The global variable errno has been set appropriately. SEE ALSO
ieee1284_close(3) AUTHOR
Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2003 Tim Waugh [FIXME: source] 06/17/2014 IEEE1284_OPEN(3)