Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a property file through shell script??? Post 302561712 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 03:32:02 AM
Old 10-05-2011
Code:
$ [ `awk -F= '/DATA_LOAD/ {print $2}' property_file` = "YES" ] && echo "DataLoad script started" || echo "DataLoad not started"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading through shell script

For reading a file through shell script I am using yhe code : while read line do echo $line done<data.txt It reads all the line of that file data.txt. Content of data.txt looks like: code=y sql=y total no of sql files=4 a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql cpp=n c=y total no of c files=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File reading problem via shell script

Hi, Data file named parameter contains : DB=y Alter_def.sql Create_abc.sql SQL=y database.sql my_data.sql To read this file I use var_sql=$(awk -F= '$1 == "SQL" { print $2 }' parameter.txt) if then sql_f_name=`grep "\.sql" parameter.txt` echo $sql_f_name fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and updating property file

I have to do a read operation for a field in property file, which looks like follows: 123|xyz|datetime|count '|' is delimiter. Finally I managed to read the contents of property file using statement like cut -d"|" -f1 $PROPERTIES_FILE | tr '\n' ' ' <-- Reading first column But now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshranjanscs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script reading file slow

I have shell program as below #!/bin/sh echo ======= LogManageri start ========== #This directory is getting the raw data from remote server Raw_data=/opt/ftplogs # This directory is ready for process the data Processing_dir=/opt/processing_dir # This directory is prcoessed files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
4 Replies
asadmin-start-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-domain, start-domain - starts the given domain SYNOPSIS
start-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--verbose=false] [--debug] [domain_name] start-domain starts the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no oper- and is required to start the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain is started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --verbose by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. Press CTRL-C to kill the server. Press CTRL- to print a thread dump. --debug by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, the server is started in debug mode and prints the JPDA port on the console. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using start-domain asadmin> start-domain sampleDomain Starting Domain sampleDomain, please wait. Domain sampleDomain started Where: the sampleDomain domain is started. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)