Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Explain this shell script code. Post 302561699 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 02:26:31 AM
Old 10-05-2011
listing the python scripts and redirecting the filenames to a file "xx"
then executing the python scripts with the while loop one by one till the last file ..
After the while loop will quit ..

---------- Post updated at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:49 AM ----------

alternate code ..
Code:
$ for i in *.py; do python $i; done

This User Gave Thanks to jayan_jay For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

could someone explain this code

hey peeps could someone explain what this part of the code means: 'if echo $* | grep -q' $i '|| thanks tHe_nEw_GuY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_new_guy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

explain me this shell script ...

currentSid=${TWO_TASK:-$ORACLE_SID} echo $currentSid this script returns value of ORACLE_SID but what i am not getting is what is ":-" doing ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Pl explain the shell script code

if then ROLLBACK=1 ; elif then echo "Nothing to install!" ; echo "Exiting." ; exit 0; Plz explaing what is the ${1:-0} in if loop?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrikanth
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

explain the code

Hi , Can anyone explains what does the below highlighted statements means: # Set environment variables . ${0%/*}/wrkenv.sh jobName_sh=${0##*/} jobName=${jobName_sh%.*} Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one explain what this code will do

ccc_con,CCC_CON,0 Above is the input for this code #!/usr/bin/bash my_path=`dirname $0` T_table=$1 S_table=$2 P_table=$3 #Star new code while read ${my_path}/arch_table_list.txt { awk -F "," '{print $1}' ${my_path}/arch_table_list.txt ${S_table} awk -F "," '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorp_rahul23
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain this sed shell script to remove C++ comments.

#! /bin/sed -nf # Remove C and C++ comments, by Brian Hiles (brian_hiles@rocketmail.com) # Sped up (and bugfixed to some extent) by Paolo Bonzini (bonzini@gnu.org) # Works its way through the line, copying to hold space the text up to the # first special character (/, ", '). The original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyaranjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain the meaning of the below code ?

while getopts :g:l:h: KEY $* do case $KEY in g) NAME=$OPTARG ;; l) LAB=$OPTARG ;; h) HD=$OPTARG ;; *) echo "Illegal option: $OPTARG" echo "$usage" exitStatus=1 exitGrace esac done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain SED code

Hi, Can anyone pls explain me the below SED code in detail. sed -e :a -e '$!N;s/\n//;ta' -e P -e D When this code is executed with a file(has 1lac records), it is taking very long time to process. So I wanted to modify this SED code with equivalant AWK code. Thanks, Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what this code is doing

Hi, Pls explain me what the below code is doing. specially meaning if -a while calling test function- case $1 in 1) beg_dt=01; end_dt=07 ;; 2) beg_dt=08; end_dt=14 ;; 3) beg_dt=15; end_dt=21 ;; 4) beg_dt=22; end_dt=28 ;; 5) beg_dt=29; end_dt=31 ;; esac test \( `date +%w` -eq $2 -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendtoshailesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

explain while loop in ksh shell script

#!/bin/ksh log=ABCl log=EFG log=HIJ i=0 while <------ what is the meaning of ($i - lt 3) do print ${log} (( i=i+1 )) done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
1 Replies