Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help optimizing this piece of code (Shell script Busybox) Post 302561527 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 11:14:52 AM
Old 10-04-2011
If none of the input is XML, then what is
Code:
MOVIETITLE=`grep "<title>.*<.title>" "$MOVIEINFO" | sed -e "s/^.*<title/<title/" | cut -f2 -d">"| cut -f1 -d"<"`

for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a piece of code, plz help to review

use "getopts" to get params from command. Need replace black with a specified string like "%20 DEFAULT_DELIM=%20 ... while getopts dek:f:t:vh OPTION do case $OPTION in t) DELIM=`tvar=/'"$OPTARG"'/ svar="$DEFAULT_DELIM" awk 'BEGIN{T=ENVIRON;S=ENVIRON; while(index(T,S)!=0){S=S"0"};print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anypager
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does this piece of code do?

Hi All, I am trying to understand and change some code written by some programmer a while ago. There are following three lines of code that I am unable to grasp. Could anybody please help me understand it? 1) cd - > /dev/null 2) fname=`basename "$1"` where $1 = /dirA/dirB/a.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script or piece of code where the data returned by a stored procedure you are writing

hi fndz. Can you please help me with the code if I call a stored procedure from my shell script and stored procedure returns a cursor, cursor output should be saved to a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enabling sh shell in BusyBox

Hi, Does anybody know how to enable the shell sh while creating Ramdisk fs using BusyBox? while creating a configuration using the GUI, I see options only for the ash shell. Is there some option in the config file that gets created with which I can enable the sh shell also apart from the ash... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for guidance (comments) on a piece of code

Hello -- I am trying to learn to do a little sed and awk scripting to search for text and numbers in text files (text processing/manipulation). My professor gave me a piece of uncommented code and I am very unfamiliar w/ the language. Can someone help me with comments so I can understand what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithan05
2 Replies

6. Programming

what is the name of this piece of code

while ((numRead = read(inputFd, buf, BUF_SIZE)) > 0) if (write(outputFd, buf, numRead) != numRead) fatal("couldn't write whole buffer"); if (numRead == -1) errExit("read"); if (close(inputFd) == -1) errExit("close input"); if (close(outputFd) == -1) errExit("close output"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the code

Hi, I have two files in the format listed below. I need to find out all values from field 12 to field 20 present in file 2 and list them in file3(format as file2) File1 : FEIN,CHRISTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Ash (busybox) - Beginner

Hi All, I have a script that I wrote on a bash shell, I use it to sort files from a directory into various other directories. I have an variable set, which is an array of strings, I then check each file against the array and if it is in there the script sorts it into the correct folder. But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgtbobie
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a piece of shell scripting to remove column from a csv file

Hi, I need to remove first column from a csv file and i can do this by using below command. cut -f1 -d, --complement Mytest.csv I need to implement this in shell scripting, Whenever i am using the above command alone in command line it is working fine. I have 5 files in my directory and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
ADSL-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ADSL-SETUP(8)

NAME
adsl-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
adsl-setup DESCRIPTION
adsl-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the adsl-start, adsl-stop and adsl-connect scripts. AUTHOR
adsl-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), adsl-start(8), adsl-stop(8), adsl-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), adsl-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 ADSL-SETUP(8)