Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nawk and regular expression
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk and regular expression Post 302561282 by ejazsyed on Monday 3rd of October 2011 06:16:45 PM
Old 10-03-2011
Done in RED

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in Regular Expression

I have a file with data that looks like - record nullable { final_delim=end ,delim="~%%~" ,quote=none } ( 1_UPC:string; 2_QUANTITY:string; ) I want to fetch the first column that starts with integer. e.g - 1_UPC, 2_QUANTITY. I tried "awk -F ":" -v var1="^0-9" '$1==var1' inschemafile".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk empty regular expression error

Hello, All. please help me with this problem. i need to use variable as regular expression. some thing like this: BEGIN { RS="\n"; ORS="\n"; reg_exp = ".+Dec.+"; # i mean that regular expression is any symbol before "Dec" and any symbol after it. For example <Worksheet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rjkz
6 Replies

4. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with NAWK regular expressions

I've a file $ cat size 1234 5678 vamsi I want to match the lines which has just 4 digits and nothing else. So $ cat size | nawk ' $0 ~ // {print}' 1234 5678 But when I use the repetition clause it doesn't work cat size | nawk ' $0 ~ /{4}/ {print}' I actually want to filter out the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.coe
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic regular expression in nawk

Hi FolksI want to write a nawk script that dynamically creates variable numbers of regular expressions on the fly rather than using constants. Is this possible?They would need to be used within an if statement within the nawk program: - if ( "my string of regex's" ) Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing regular expression to nawk

I am trying to test if I can replace a regular expression in 'nawk' with a variable. Please let me know why it is not working. I am using ksh88i on solaris8 I am trying use this test as a building block to filter active external DNS connections. Ideally I want to pass variable defined... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies
TC(8)								       Linux								     TC(8)

NAME
choke - choose and keep scheduler SYNOPSIS
tc qdisc ... choke limit packets min packets max packets avpkt bytes burst packets [ ecn ] [ bandwidth rate ] probability chance DESCRIPTION
CHOKe (CHOose and Keep for responsive flows, CHOose and Kill for unresponsive flows) is a classless qdisc designed to both identify and penalize flows that monopolize the queue. CHOKe is a variation of RED, and the configuration is similar to RED. ALGORITHM
Once the queue hits a certain average length, a random packet is drawn from the queue. If both the to-be-queued and the drawn packet belong to the same flow, both packets are dropped. Otherwise, if the queue length is still below the maximum length, the new packet has a config- urable chance of being marked (which may mean dropped). If the queue length exceeds max, the new packet will always be marked (or dropped). If the queue length exceeds limit, the new packet is always dropped. The marking probability computation is the same as used by the RED qdisc. PARAMETERS
The parameters are the same as for RED, except that RED uses bytes whereas choke counts packets. See tc-red(8) for a description. SOURCE
o R. Pan, B. Prabhakar, and K. Psounis, "CHOKe, A Stateless Active Queue Management Scheme for Approximating Fair Bandwidth Alloca- tion", IEEE INFOCOM, 2000. o A. Tang, J. Wang, S. Low, "Understanding CHOKe: Throughput and Spatial Characteristics", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2004 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-red(8) AUTHOR
sched_choke was contributed by Stephen Hemminger. iproute2 August 2011 TC(8)