Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File recovery
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users File recovery Post 302561200 by ravigupta2u on Monday 3rd of October 2011 12:55:25 PM
Old 10-03-2011
No I dont have back up.

Can we roll back rm command?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

compressed file was ftpied in ascii mode needs recovery

I am unbale to uncompress a file which was compress then moved to another pc in ascii mode instead of binary mode. Is there any way to recover it. Please help us. While uncompress it is giving corrupt input. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj2610
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recovery Of Passwd File

the file /etc/passwd has corrupted mistakenly.actually the file has saved as "oot:0:0:root:/root/sbin/bash". first r of root has been deleted .. can anyone tell me how can i recover as normal user (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh_hackerz
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forbid file recovery

Hi there, When I want to make a file unrecoverable, I use the following command: foo:~$ shred -fuz filename The problem is that I deleted many files using: foo:~$ rm -f filename How can I make those files unrecoverable? Is there a command that shreds the disk free space? So that no file can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fsck.gfs2 outputs "RG recovery impossible; I can't fix this file system"

I have a CentOS release 5.2 (Final)host running kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 with at raid 10 that had two mirrored drives fail. The drives were re-inserted and now the raid shows healthy (for now). I tried to mount but got an Input/output error. I then attempted a fsck: fsck.gfs2 -y /dev/vg_01/uss_vol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Password Recovery From /etc/shadow file

Is it possible to reset a normal user password , by editing password field in /etc/shadow file? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
6 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

File Integrity checker with recovery

Hello friends I have an CentosOS 5 box running Apache, I want to Install a powerful File Integrity checker with recovery option to maintain any changes may be happened without my hand Could you help me to recommend such solution Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX?

is it possible to recovery a deleted file in AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiyas
2 Replies
deluser.conf(5) 						File Formats Manual						   deluser.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/deluser.conf - configuration file for deluser(8) and delgroup(8). DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/deluser.conf contains defaults for the programs deluser(8) and delgroup(8). Each option takes the form option = value. Dou- ble or single quotes are allowed around the value. Comment lines must have a hash sign (#) at the beginning of the line. deluser(8) and delgroup(8) also read /etc/adduser.conf, see adduser.conf(8); settings in deluser.conf may overwrite settings made in adduser.conf. The valid configuration options are: REMOVE_HOME Removes the home directory and mail spool of the user to be removed. Value may be 0 (don't delete) or 1 (do delete). REMOVE_ALL_FILES Removes all files on the system owned by the user to be removed. If this option is activated REMOVE_HOME has no effect. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP If REMOVE_HOME or REMOVE_ALL_FILES is activated all files are backuped before they are removed. The backup file that is created defaults to username.tar(.gz|.bz2) in the directory specified by the BACKUP_TO option. The compression method is chosen to the best that is available. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP_TO If BACKUP is activated, BACKUP_TO specifies the directory the backup is written to. Default is the current directory. NO_DEL_PATHS A list of regular expressions, space separated. All files to be deleted in course of deleting home directories or deleting files owned by the user to be deleted are checked against each of these regular expressions. If a match is detected, the file is not deleted. Defaults to a list of system directories, leaving only /home. In other words: By default only files below /home belonging to that specific user are going to be deleted. ONLY_IF_EMPTY Only delete a group if there are no user who belong to this group. Defaults to 0. EXCLUDE_FSTYPES A regular expression which describes all file systems which should be excluded when looking for files of a user to be deleted. Defaults to "(proc|sysfs|usbfs|devpts|tmpfs)". FILES
/etc/deluser.conf SEE ALSO
deluser(8), delgroup(8), adduser.conf(5) Debian GNU/Linux Version 3.112+nmu1ubuntu5 deluser.conf(5)