Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gawk - How to loop through multidimensional array? Post 302561189 by vgersh99 on Monday 3rd of October 2011 12:05:24 PM
Old 10-03-2011
what's wrong with this?
Code:
awk '
BEGIN {
  for (x = 0; ++x <= 10;)
    for (y = 0; ++y <= 5;)
      aOa[x,y] = "element:" FS x FS y

for (i in aOa)
      print aOa[i]
  }'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in perl

i'm trying to open a file with three or more columns and an undetermined, but finite number of rows. I want to define an array for each row with each element of the row as a sub array. The columns are separated by tabs or spaces. Here's the file: 12x3.12z34b.342sd3.sds 454.23.23.232 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multidimensional Array

Hello Experts,, Can anybody give me a brief idea what is following bold letter statement is for!! what is the term called so that I can google for it.. It seems to be an array inside another array.. awk' /TXADDR/ { txaddr=$NF } ##understood /TXDATA/ { txdata]=$NF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multidimensional array

In a single dim. awk array, we can use : <index> in <array name> to determine whether a particualar index exists in the array or not. Is there a way to achieve this in a awk multi dim. array ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
4 Replies

4. Programming

C programming working with multidimensional array

Hi, I have the following variable declaration which looks like a 3d array or N matrixs KxK of floats float (*table); I have to pass to a function only the first table. How can I do it?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
6 Replies

5. Programming

multidimensional array using c++ vector

Hi! I need to make dynamic multidimensional arrays using the vector class. I found in this page How to dynamically create a two dimensional array? - Microsoft: Visual C++ FAQ - Tek-Tips the way to do it in 2D, and now i'm trying to expand it to 3D but i don't understand how is the operator working,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multidimensional array in awk

Hi, I was trying to process a file with the help of awk. I want to first display all the rows that contains 01 and at the end of processing I have to print some portion of all the lines. like below. Output expected: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with gawk array, loop in tcsh script

Hi, I'm trying to break a large csv file into smaller files and use unique values for the file names. The shell script i'm using is tcsh and i'm after a gawk one-liner to get the desired outcome. To keep things simple I have the following example with the desired output. fruitlist.csv apples... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional array:awk error

awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' ' { if($2 in arr) { #print "Sahi", NR,arr for(k=2;k<=NF;k++){ # sum]+=$2 } } else { arr=NR #print "awk",NR for (k=3;k<=NF ; k++){ sum=$k } } } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multidimensional array

I am learning about bash system variables, such as $ , @ and #. I have this piece of script implementing an array and it is doing its job just fine. This is not the only array I will be using. Just for ease of maintenance and more coding I would like to have the arrays in two dimensional... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies
BEGIN(7)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						  BEGIN(7)

NAME
BEGIN - start a transaction block SYNOPSIS
BEGIN [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] [ transaction_mode [, ...] ] where transaction_mode is one of: ISOLATION LEVEL { SERIALIZABLE | REPEATABLE READ | READ COMMITTED | READ UNCOMMITTED } READ WRITE | READ ONLY [ NOT ] DEFERRABLE DESCRIPTION
BEGIN initiates a transaction block, that is, all statements after a BEGIN command will be executed in a single transaction until an explicit COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) is given. By default (without BEGIN), PostgreSQL executes transactions in "autocommit" mode, that is, each statement is executed in its own transaction and a commit is implicitly performed at the end of the statement (if execution was successful, otherwise a rollback is done). Statements are executed more quickly in a transaction block, because transaction start/commit requires significant CPU and disk activity. Execution of multiple statements inside a transaction is also useful to ensure consistency when making several related changes: other sessions will be unable to see the intermediate states wherein not all the related updates have been done. If the isolation level, read/write mode, or deferrable mode is specified, the new transaction has those characteristics, as if SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) was executed. PARAMETERS
WORK, TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. Refer to SET TRANSACTION (SET_TRANSACTION(7)) for information on the meaning of the other parameters to this statement. NOTES
START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)) has the same functionality as BEGIN. Use COMMIT(7) or ROLLBACK(7) to terminate a transaction block. Issuing BEGIN when already inside a transaction block will provoke a warning message. The state of the transaction is not affected. To nest transactions within a transaction block, use savepoints (see SAVEPOINT(7)). For reasons of backwards compatibility, the commas between successive transaction_modes can be omitted. EXAMPLES
To begin a transaction block: BEGIN; COMPATIBILITY
BEGIN is a PostgreSQL language extension. It is equivalent to the SQL-standard command START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), whose reference page contains additional compatibility information. The DEFERRABLE transaction_mode is a PostgreSQL language extension. Incidentally, the BEGIN key word is used for a different purpose in embedded SQL. You are advised to be careful about the transaction semantics when porting database applications. SEE ALSO
COMMIT(7), ROLLBACK(7), START TRANSACTION (START_TRANSACTION(7)), SAVEPOINT(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 BEGIN(7)