Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls command basics???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ls command basics??? Post 302561022 by gowtham.varma on Monday 3rd of October 2011 01:33:12 AM
Old 10-03-2011
this will work i guess..if the length of the words is same...
try to increase or decrease the dots depending on the size of the word
Quote:
ls | egrep [a-z]..[r]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

I want to learn UNIX, but I have a few questions. If anybody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. First, I've decided I'm going to use Red Hat Linux and I've been told the only difference between 7.2 and the Professional (besides the price), is the tech support that you'll receive. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulSF
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell basics

Hi All, I have a basic question in Scripting. Can anyone tell me what is the difference b/w the two syntax : if (( $lines = 0 )); and if ; when do we use the square brackets & when to use the paranthesis. Thanks, Pradeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation basics

hello, Im new to this Os. so, can i get any information'bout installation basics of unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijit Bhatt
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

SAN basics

Hi I like to learn and practice SAN, iSCSI. Could you sugges the appropriate tutorial and small tasks to practice SAN. Thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingskar
1 Replies

5. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

Hello, 1) I am trying to get involved in UNIX for educational purposes so I have installed the latest Ubuntu edition 12.04. Do you know another package that I could use it instead for educational purposes? 2)What is the difference between "~$" and "/$" (it comes with cd / and cd ~) .The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iwn
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)