Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem using sed to match a string Post 302560994 by huffpuff on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 08:13:52 PM
Old 10-02-2011
Hmmm, thanks for that. It partially works - it pulls out the last time in the sequence but not the three times before. Sounds like it's going in the right direction though...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sed while replacing a string with another

Hi, I have a line something like this sys,systematic,system I want to replace only the word system with HI I used sed for this as below echo sys,systematic,system | sed 's/system/HI/' but I got output as sys,HIatic,system I wanted output as sys,systematic,HI Please tell me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendyboy
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to match only exact string only in all occurences

Dear Friends, Anybody knows how to match exact lines only in multilinear. Input file: apple orange orange apple apple orange Desired output: fruit orange apple fruit i used the command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

match string exactly with awk/sed

Hi all, I have a list that I would like to parse with awk/sed. The list is contains entries such as: JournalTitle: Biochemistry JournalTitle: Biochemistry and cell biology = Biochimie et biologie cellulaire JournalTitle: Biochemistry and experimental biology JournalTitle: Biochemistry and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern match problem

Hi all, hoping this is a simple one, tried looking but just can't see the solution As an example I've got a list of words that all start Ben..... Bendicks Benefiber Ben Benylin I need to only change the line Ben with Ben 10, ignoring the other lines. I tried the following ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed:- Supported variable replacement after string match?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the variable in the file after the particular match string. It is being replaced if i hardcode the value and with use of "&" with sed. sed -e "s/URL./& http:\\localhost:7223/g" But when am trying to pass the variable it is failing. I tried multiple... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting Nth match in sed

Hi all, I'm trying to create a sed command to get the Nth instance of an XML tag in a string, but thus far I can only ever seem to get the last one. Given an XML string: <Wrap><GrayLevel>a</GrayLevel><GrayLevel>b</GrayLevel></Wrap> I tried to do this on the command line to get each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zel2008
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed to match and replace a string

friends I am struck in a situation where I need to comment a line start with space as below in a file root@LOCALHOST * rw LOCALHOST* r I should comment second line only Any help please (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallak
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exact String with sed command

I have a workaround to the problem i m posting, however if someone wants to look at my query and respond ... i will appreciate. This is in reference to this thread -> https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/267630-extract-between-two-exact-matched-strings.html I have data.txt as... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - print only the chars that match a given set in a string

For a given string that may contain any ASCII chars, i.e. that matches .*, find and print only the chars that are in a given subset. The string could also have numbers, uppercase, special chars such as ~!@#$%^&*(){}\", whatever a user could type in without going esoteric For simplicity take... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naderra
1 Replies
times.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    times.h(3HEAD)

NAME
times.h, times - file access and modification times structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/times.h> header defines the structure tms, which is returned by times() and includes the following members: clock_t tms_utime /* user CPU time */ clock_t tms_stime /* system CPU time */ clock_t tms_cutime /* user CPU time of terminated child processes */ clock_t tms_cstime /* system CPU time of terminated child processes */ The clock_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 times.h(3HEAD)