Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redirecting script output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers redirecting script output Post 302560980 by ieth0 on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 05:29:54 PM
Old 10-02-2011
it depends on your need, write an example that covers everything, then we can help you,

the simplest thing is to :
Code:
./script1 > output
./script2 `cat output`

you can get all args by $@ in your script2 code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to standard output from within called script

Hi, How to achieve this? Let us assume the following: There are 2 scripts a.ksh and b.ksh $ cat a.ksh sh b.sh 2>&1 >> /work/log/a_log.txt $ cat b.sh echo "abcd" My requirement is, is there a way to display this abcd in standard output also alongside of writing into a_log.txt?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshra
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting SQL output from within a shell script

Hi all I would like to open a SQL session from within a shell script and then redirect the output of the SQL command to a file. e.g. #!/bin/bash sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF @$HOME/recovery_space.sql EOF I want to redirect the output of the SQL command to a temp file, because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help redirecting output from mailbot

Hello...I'm having problems redirecting output from a script from a mailbot. It is a perl script that has the email sent to op_shipper piped into it. I am receiving the email with sendmail and here is what my alias looks like for the script am I having problems with in /etc/aliases: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting the script output to more than 1 file

Hi, I want to redirect my script output to more than one file without printing the result to the screen. How to do that? ex: echo "hi" >> a.txt b.txt cat a.txt hi b.txt :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting output using if-then-else in awk

I am trying to filter records based on number of "|", delimiter in my application. If number of "|" is greater than 14 its a bad record, else its a good record. I have to redirect output to two different files based on the if-then-else evaluation in AWK. if number of “|” in file_0 > 14 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting script output to terminal

When ever i started my terminal,Every time I have to change the directory like "cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3" Without typing this entire command every time ,I placed "alias c='cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3'" in .bash_profile file. so that i can able to execute command 'c'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raviteja saddal
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output for the entire script

Hi All, I am trying to redirect output for every line in a korn shell script that is going to generate output and append it to a log file. I have been doing this after EACH and every line that is going to produce output: command 1 >> test.log command 2 >> test.log command 3 >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output to a file in a shell script

Hello All, I have some unique requirement. I have written a very lengthy script which calls number of resource script to execute a particular task. What I want is output of each command(called from main script and resource scripts) should go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)