Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: redirecting script output
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers redirecting script output Post 302560978 by GmGeubt on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 05:18:29 PM
Old 10-02-2011
redirecting script output

Hello,

I am interested in taking the output from a script i wrote and using it as input to a different script i wrote. So for example i want to take the output from program2 and use it as a parameter for program1. I didnt think i could use the >> symbols because i think that is just for .txt files. And i thought about piping the code from program1 into program2. However i dont really know how the syntax would look for a solution like this. So does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to standard output from within called script

Hi, How to achieve this? Let us assume the following: There are 2 scripts a.ksh and b.ksh $ cat a.ksh sh b.sh 2>&1 >> /work/log/a_log.txt $ cat b.sh echo "abcd" My requirement is, is there a way to display this abcd in standard output also alongside of writing into a_log.txt?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshra
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting SQL output from within a shell script

Hi all I would like to open a SQL session from within a shell script and then redirect the output of the SQL command to a file. e.g. #!/bin/bash sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF @$HOME/recovery_space.sql EOF I want to redirect the output of the SQL command to a temp file, because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help redirecting output from mailbot

Hello...I'm having problems redirecting output from a script from a mailbot. It is a perl script that has the email sent to op_shipper piped into it. I am receiving the email with sendmail and here is what my alias looks like for the script am I having problems with in /etc/aliases: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting the script output to more than 1 file

Hi, I want to redirect my script output to more than one file without printing the result to the screen. How to do that? ex: echo "hi" >> a.txt b.txt cat a.txt hi b.txt :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting output using if-then-else in awk

I am trying to filter records based on number of "|", delimiter in my application. If number of "|" is greater than 14 its a bad record, else its a good record. I have to redirect output to two different files based on the if-then-else evaluation in AWK. if number of “|” in file_0 > 14 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting script output to terminal

When ever i started my terminal,Every time I have to change the directory like "cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3" Without typing this entire command every time ,I placed "alias c='cd user/documents/ravi/folder2/folder3'" in .bash_profile file. so that i can able to execute command 'c'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raviteja saddal
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output for the entire script

Hi All, I am trying to redirect output for every line in a korn shell script that is going to generate output and append it to a log file. I have been doing this after EACH and every line that is going to produce output: command 1 >> test.log command 2 >> test.log command 3 >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting command output to a file in a shell script

Hello All, I have some unique requirement. I have written a very lengthy script which calls number of resource script to execute a particular task. What I want is output of each command(called from main script and resource scripts) should go to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)