Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep unknown number of params Post 302560939 by GmGeubt on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 01:53:53 PM
Old 10-02-2011
didnt work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf returning unknown number

Hi, Can anybody tell me why this function returns 49? printf "%d\n" \'10 I don't understand what the \ and ' are there for? thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m0nk3y
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching and storing unknown number of lines based on the string with a condition

Dear friends, Please help me to resolve the problem below, I have a file with following content: date of file creation : 12 feb 2007 ==================== = name : suresh = city :mumbai #this is a blank line = date : 1st Nov 2005 ==================== few lines of some text this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an unknown number of arrays

I need to create arrays like this: cnt=0 { while read myline; do if ];then firstpass="${myline##<meas>}" meas="${firstpass%%</meas>}" tempmeas="${meas%%;*}" MEAS$cnt=$tempmeas print $cnt print ${MEAS'$cnt'} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to match unknown pattern

Hi there I would like to search a file for a certain pattern, but i don't know the exact pattern i need to search for. What i do know is that i need to search for the pattern that exists the most in a certain file. so if a file looksike this: summer, summer, winter, spring, summer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrchilly
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check params for number

I have 2 and three params, both I should make sure thay numbers at one single line insted of checking for each one . Example I wroote the following way.. checking for 2 and three seperately but I shud be able to do it at on statement echo $2 | egrep '^+$' >/dev/null 2>&1 if ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with unknown pattern?

Hi. I have a small problem that I haven't been able to find out of on my own. I am not much into bash scripting, however I use grep now and then when working on my code in order to locate specific objects, so I'll just state my exact problem: The code is huge, and has a function that is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morridini
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk code to ignore the first occurence unknown number of rows in a data column

Hello experts, Shown below is the 2 column sample data(there are many data columns in actual input file), Key, Data A, 1 A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 I need the below output. Key, Data A, 2 A, 2 A, 3 A, 1 A, 1 A, 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines for number greater than given number

Hello, I am newbie to bash scripting. Could someone help me with the following. I have log file with output as shown below **************************LOG************************* 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Pinging xx.xx.xx.xx with 32 bytes of data: 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meena_2013
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Unknown Number of User Inputs in awk

Hello, I am new to awk and I am trying to figure out how to print an output based on user input. For example: ubuntu:~/scripts$ steps="step1, step2, step3" ubuntu:~/scripts$ echo $steps step1, step2, step3 I am playing around and I got this pattern that I want: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
3 Replies
XScreenSaver(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 18-sep-97 XScreenSaver(1)