Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about parameters in ssh Post 302560935 by ahamed101 on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 01:48:18 PM
Old 10-02-2011
man ssh
man tar

Should give you the required information.

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh question

Dear all, I have a question regarding the remote access a server without login using "ssh". I'm thinking if there is anyway to send a certificate pass to ssh command. For example, I need write a script for a user who doesn't have access to any server but running this script. Within the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ting123
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Passing SSH Command Parameters

On Solaris 5.9, is there any way to pass parameter(s), via SSH, to a command defined in the remote host's authorized_keys file? We have a menu that uses SSH to control some apps on our various hosts. I've been tasked with enhancing it and making it more secure. So far, the local host menu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PabloCruise77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing SSH Command Parameters

Hi, I wan to pass arguments to remote script in Unix . For that I'm using ssh PFB the code I'm using: ssh -t -l osdac 10.81.33.51 "cd /appl/OSD/LOGS/flstr010/test.sh "$1" "$2"" Problem is I'm not able to pass second argument . Can anyone plz help me in resolving this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suchitasaner27
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh question

hi all, I setup a new server using centos 5.0 with webmin installed and its working fine. the only problem i found is that I now cant ssh into the box anymore for some reason. I am able to ssh out of it no problem tho. I did check to see if ssh was running and it was. I did the following to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
12 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

ssh question

I have a query on ssh. /home/user1/ # ssh remote_host When the fingerprint created and saved in /home/user1/.ssh/known_hosts file, is the fingerprint the public key of remote_host? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ij_2005
2 Replies

6. Linux

Default parameters question

Hey guys I'm working on an extra credit question for my programming languages class; Does a program run faster when the programmer does not specify values for the optional parameters in a subroutine call? I believe the program will run faster because of the fact that it does not need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

7. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on passing multiple parameters in if

Hi All, My target is to find the list of orphan processes running and i issue the below command with some exception ids. ps -ef | egrep -v "root|system|admin" | awk '{if ($3 == 1) print $1",\t"$2",\t"$3}' but this will exclude the process having the word 'root' and executing under different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Positional Parameters Question

In a Bash script I used getopts command to let a user does something regards to the selected options. The question is: How do you find out what is the name of the file that user inserted in the command line like the following: The good part is this file is always the last argument in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default values for positional parameters - dummy question I think

Hi, Sorry for a dummy question I believe. I am just wanting to know how do I assign a default $1 argument if one is not provided. At the moment, I am doing something like below: arg1="${1:-foo}"And then I check $arg1 in case/esac. I am just wondering if there is a way for me to simply do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)