Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble Setting Up Sun Ultra 10 - Displaying Garbage Post 302560921 by frhan2u on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 12:04:06 PM
Old 10-02-2011
Okay, now that the system is working fine; can anyone please tell me where can I download Sun Solaris 9 for Sparc? - And since the Servers have only CD drives, how would I be able to burn the OS onto 2 CDs?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 2 Solaris 8

Sparc Ultra2: Notes prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz) System clock frequency: 99 MHz Memory size: 768 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ========================= Run Ecache CPU CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

3. Solaris

sun ultra

Hi Guys, I have a 2nd hand Sun ultra-5, I wanted to know how to be able to run it as a normal window. I do not have any experience whatsoever with solaris/unix. Does anyone can give me a clue where to start. When I switch it goes to: unix console login: pa$$word: #UNIX sendmail : enable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingosa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10

Hi, Iam trying to get make a serial connection to an Ultra 10 from my laptop. I've set the output to goto ttya in the nvram parameters. Iam using a db9 converter at the laptop end and a db25 converter at the ultra 10 end-I know the adapters are fine and so is the cable. Iam just not able to get it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse77
3 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra 10 monitor

hi all, it seem hard to see on a regular monitor the ultra 10 converter to rgb so that it can go to a pc monitor. do u know how can i fix the monitor properly? it's not easy to see on the monitor there's so many lines. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

LOM on SUN ultra 10

Hi experts is it possible to install lom on sun ultra 10 box? can you guys help me in undertanding lom as i tried goggling , couldn't get good stuff. Please :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting and displaying variables

Hello, I need a little help. 1. Edit /etc/profile so that all users are greeted upon login. 2. For the root account, set the prompt to something like "Danger!! root is doing stuff in \w", preferably in a bright color such as red or pink or in reverse video mode. Thanks for help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

dhcp not setting dns and changing to garbage

I have 2 problems. Dhcp is not setting dns and after I manually set my dns it changes to garbage. I literally just used command to set dns which is a good copy of resolv.conf: sudo cp /home/bob/Desktop/scripts_9-12-2011/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.confHere is a copy of my resolv.conf. #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)