Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot recover OS hard drive from a set of snapshots Post 302560891 by RychnD on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 05:14:34 AM
Old 10-02-2011
Thanks for your answer jlliagre.

I thought the other way (zfs send backup/rpool@timestamp | zfs receive -Fd rpool) was to be used when you created a single recursive snapshot (in step 5, ZFS troubleshooting guide), which I did not. I backup each filesystem manualy.

Do you think this might cause the problems?
Thanks Dusan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want To Automount My Hard Drive!!!

:confused: Im as newbie as they come....... I just loaded Red Hat 8.0 on my computer. I have a second hard drive that i reformatted with a Fat32 so I could share it with my XP and Linux partions....... I have like 4000 mp3's on it and i would like to get it to auto mount when Linux boots....? Or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mynameiskyle
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Hard Drive error

I have a hard drive that we are trying to jumpstart in a sunblad 1500. we keep getting errors. I placed the drive in my 1500. I want to wipe the drive clean because for some reason it has a partition table. and when i go to format and try to format the drive it says it can not use a program. is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Hard Drive Temperature?

Hi, I just set up a raid Z array in solaris xpress and I notice that the drives feel pretty damn hot. I use speedfan to monitor the temperatures of the hard drives in XP. Is there a similar program for solrais? I assume there would be since the drives all have temp sensors in them, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Accessing all of the hard drive...

Hi, I just downloaded and installed Ubuntu yesterday. It's the first time I have used it, so bear with me. I think I figured out how to get my sound drivers to work (X-Fi)... I had downloaded some OSS drivers, bout to go test them. But what I really want to know is... I have 2 hard drive,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
2 Replies

7. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

8. Hardware

SATA drive FAT recover

I had ACER aspiron one netbook with dual bootable (Windows XP and Debian). Recently I found XP is messy and Debian has new version published. I plan to recover XP and install new version of Debian. But I failed to recover XP from Hidden Partition. I thought it is because I install GRUB in the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinnud
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

External hard drive

I have connected an external hard drive. I can't find it. Both ls /media, fdisk -l and ls /dev show nothing. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
3 Replies
ZFS-FUSE(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       ZFS-FUSE(8)

NAME
zfs-fuse - ZFS filesystem daemon SYNOPSIS
zfs-fuse [--pidfile filename] [--no-daemon] [--no-kstat-mount] [--disable-block-cache] [--disable-page-cache] [--fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS] [--fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS] [--log-uberblocks] [--max-arc-size MB] [--fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT...] [--min-uberblock-txg MIN] [--stack-size=size] [--enable-xattr] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the zfs-fuse command. zfs-fuse is a daemon which provides support for the ZFS filesystem, via fuse. Ordinarily this daemon will be invoked from system boot scripts. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h --help Show summary of options. -p filename --pidfile filename Write the daemon's PID to filename after daemonizing. Ignored if --no-daemon is passed. filename should be a fully-qualified path. -n --no-daemon Stay in foreground, don't daemonize. --no-kstat-mount Do not mount kstats in /zfs-kstat --disable-block-cache Enable direct I/O for disk operations. Completely disables caching reads and writes in the kernel block cache. Breaks mmap() in ZFS datasets too. --disable-page-cache Disable the page cache for files residing within ZFS filesystems. Not recommended as it slows down I/O operations considerably. -a SECONDS --fuse-attr-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE attributes in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 40% performance boost. -e SECONDS --fuse-entry-timeout SECONDS Sets timeout for caching FUSE entries in kernel. Defaults to 0.0. Higher values give a 10000% performance boost but cause file permission checking security issues. --log-uberblocks Logs uberblocks of any mounted filesystem to syslog -m MB --max-arc-size MB Forces the maximum ARC size (in megabytes). Range: 16 to 16384. -o OPT... --fuse-mount-options OPT,OPT,OPT... Sets FUSE mount options for all filesystems. Format: comma-separated string of characters. -u MIN --min-uberblock-txg MIN Skips uberblocks with a TXG < MIN when mounting any fs -v MB --vdev-cache-size MB adjust the size of the vdev cache. Default : 10 --zfs-prefetch-disable Disable the high level prefetch cache in zfs. This thing can eat up to 150 Mb of ram, maybe more --stack-size=size Limit the stack size of threads (in kb). default : no limit (8 Mb for linux) -x --enable-xattr Enable support for extended attributes. Not generally recommended because it currently has a significant performance penalty for many small IOPS -h --help Show this usage summary. REMARKS ON PRECEDENCE
Note that the parameters passed on the command line take precedence over those supplied through /etc/zfs/zfsrc. BUGS
/CAVEATS The path to the configuration file (/etc/zfs/zfsrc) cannot at this time be configured. Most existing packages suggest settings can be set at the top of their init script. These get frequently overridden by a (distribution specific) /etc/default/zfs-fuse file, if it exists. Be sure to look at these places if you want your changes to options to take effect. The /etc/zfs/zfsrc is going to be the recommended approach in the future. So, packagers, please refrain from passing commandline parameters within the initscript (except for --pid-file). SEE ALSO
zfs (8), zpool (8), zdb(8), zstreamdump(8), /etc/zfs/zfsrc AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bryan Donlan bdonlan@gmail.com for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation, or the Common Development and Distribution License. Revised by Seth Heeren zfs-fuse@sehe.nl On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. The text of the Common Development and Distribution Licence may be found at /usr/share/doc/zfs-fuse/copyright COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Bryan Donlan [FIXME: source] 2010-06-09 ZFS-FUSE(8)