Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join lines with the same start string Post 302560782 by andrejm on Saturday 1st of October 2011 07:09:28 AM
Old 10-01-2011
Join lines with the same start string

I have the text like:

DN11-001 Thats the first line which needs to be
DN11-001 joined with the second line and also to
DN11-001 the third line as they all begin with the same
DN11-001 document number.
DN11-002 The number of lines differ
DN11-002 among the documents.
DN11-005 It can also be just one line.

to be modified in a way that all text with the same start string is in one row:

DN11-001 Thats the first line which needs to be joined with the second line and also to the third line as they all begin with the same document number.
DN11-002 The number of lines differ among the documents.
DN11-005 It can also be just one line.

Thank you.
Andrej

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

join two lines together

Hi, I have a file with on one line a uid, and on the next line a date. I am trying to make the to into one line. Here's an example: koppx 20031125 kraan 20031119 sarox 20031107 And this is what i want it to be: koppx;20031125 kraan;20031119 sarox;20031107 I have been trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tine
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join lines

can anyone tell me as "how to join all lines in a file " using a shell script Actually i have many files in a directory and for each file i want to join all the lines using a shell scrip . Thanks in advance!!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glamo_2312
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

join 2 lines

hi all i have sample and i need script to do this /dev/xxx oracle test /dev/sap 9999 000 88 99 i need the out put like this /dev/xxx oracle test /dev/sap 9999 000 88 99 can any one provide me with an idea to solve this problem (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

join two lines

I want to join this two lines but only when after him I have nothing or a comma Yes, I know Jonesy, and I'll give him about one more minute. this two lines must become Yes, I know Jonesy, and I'll give him about one more minute. thank you very much (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Lines

Hi how do I join files like below in script. Thanks, Ashan there are may line like this in the file. zone name DR_TMP_A_sev1_3eA vsan 200 pwwn 50:00:09:73:f0:16:35:08 pwwn c0:50:76:08:6e:dc:00:16 zone name DR_TMP_A_SVR2_3eA vsan 200 pwwn 50:00:09:73:f0:16:35:08 pwwn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do delete certain lines alone which are matching with start and end string values in file?

Hi, In my previous post ( How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines? ), i have got a help to get the last select statement from a file, now i need to remove/exclude the output from main file: Input File format: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
ALE(1)																	    ALE(1)

NAME
ale - a synthetic capture engine and renderer SYNOPSIS
ale [OPTIONS] original-frame [supplemental-frames ...] output-file ale [HELP OPTIONS] ale --version DESCRIPTION
ALE is a free software synthetic capture engine and renderer accepting, as input, a sequence of image frames, and producing, as output, rendered images, registration data, and 3D models (currently experimental). EXAMPLES
ale --hu Print the help page on program usage. ale 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.ppm Render output file out.ppm from inputs 001.ppm, 002.ppm, and 003.ppm. ale --scale 2 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.png Render output file out.png at 2x scale. ale --perturb-upper=0 --trans-load=a.t --projective frame*.png out.png Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using projective transformations as described in the file a.t. ale --3dv 0 out.png --projective frame*.png null: Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using a 3D scene model to determine transformations. ale --visp last:sinc*lanc:6 sf:0 out/ .jpg in/*.jpg null: Render a video stream from files in/*.jpg to the directory out/, stabilizing to the first frame, with a lanczos-windowed sinc filter. USAGE
ale is a wrapper script that calls the executable ale-bin after extracting exposure EXIF information from image files (when the exiftool utility is available) and converting from raw formats (when the dcraw utility is available). When ale-bin has been linked with ImageMagick, input and output files may be of any kind supported by ImageMagick. Otherwise, only PPM files can be read and written by ale-bin. OPTIONS
OPTIONS are summarized via built-in help pages (see HELP OPTIONS below). More detailed manuals describing options and internal algorithms are available for certain versions of ALE. See SEE ALSO below for more details on other manuals. HELP OPTIONS
A listing of available help options can be obtained by invoking ale --hu. ENVIRONMENT
The wrapper script ale recognizes the following environment variables: ALE_BIN ALE executable to use. DCRAW dcraw raw extraction tool to use. EXIF_UTILITY EXIF extraction utility to use. ALE_COUNT_THREADS Displays statistics on thread counts when set to a non-zero value. PAGER Text pager to use (e.g., for displaying help pages). SEE ALSO
More detailed manuals for certain versions of ALE are distributed with source packages, and may also be available from: http://auricle.dyndns.org/ALE/manuals/ 03/31/2009 ALE(1)