Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pipe Functionality
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pipe Functionality Post 302560749 by amejoish on Friday 30th of September 2011 07:27:31 PM
Old 09-30-2011
Thanks corona, went wrong conceptually , over-thought i guess.......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date functionality

Hi, Could someone help me to get yesterday's date in MMDDYY format. echo `date '+%m%d%y'` is giving me today's date in the above format. Thanks in advance for your help.. Suresh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svannala1
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Functionality difference between HP-UX Release 10.20 and 11.00

Hi All, What is the difference with respect to functionality point of view, between HP-UX Release 10.20 and HP-UX Release 11.00? Does the if condition statement in the shell script behave differently in these two releases? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puspendu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed functionality

I have a few xml files and I want to input say 5 parameters within each file. is it possible to do so with sed? <parameter>A</parameter> <parameter>B</parameter> .... .... And so on. These parameters are meant to go in just inside: <?xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collern2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restartibility Functionality....

Hello, I am trying to write a script that has a option of restarting the script from where it failed. I have to write a script called Batch.sh. This script has to run quite a few sql files as shown below: logcmd.sh -f test1.sql logcmd.sh -f test2.sql logcmd.sh -f test3.sql logcmd.sh -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using functionality in another ksh

i have a function defined in one ksh i want to use the same functionality in another ksh i am using . ../<ksh name> but it is not picking that functionality what i have to do for the same (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using arrays and also help with array.contains functionality

here is what i have... i=1 while read line do if grep -i-q "create procedure"<<<$line then startline="$line" endline="blahblah" Get procedure name into a variable named procName procName="procedure name is stored" do some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Functionality

Hi everyone, today i need that someone help to understand this particular line of command. So you can explain to me step by step, it will be great. ---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ---------- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip -r Functionality

Hi , I've written the following code to zip the big file $dir_temp ="/home/etc/hst zip -r $dir_temp/file_nm.zip $dir_temp/file_nm The zip file has been created . When I try to UNZIP the file with the following command unzip file_nm.zip The file got unzipped but created in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies
Ns_Exec(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Exec(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ExecArgblk, Ns_ExecArgv, Ns_ExecProc, Ns_ExecProcess, Ns_Fork, Ns_GetEnviron, Ns_WaitForProcess, Ns_WaitProcess, ns_fork - External process execution SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ExecArgblk(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecArgv(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char **argv, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecProc(char *exec, char **argv) int Ns_ExecProcess(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_Fork(void) char **Ns_GetEnviron(void) int Ns_WaitForProcess(int pid, int *statusPtr) int Ns_WaitProcess(int pid) int ns_fork(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions handle fork and exec operations. See files: nsd/exec.c, nsd/tclenv.c and nsthread/fork.c. Ns_ExecArgblk(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Return process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Provides extended error checking and error messages. Ns_ExecArgv(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, argv, env) Execute a command in a child process using fork(2) and execve(2), returns the process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. The child sends an extended error message to the parent. Ns_ExecProc(exec, argv) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Simpli- fies call to Ns_ExecArgv. Ns_ExecProcess(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Calls Ns_ExecArgblk with same arguments. Ns_Fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. See fork(2) man page. Calls ns_fork. Ns_GetEnviron() Returns pointer to the environment vector. Ns_WaitForProcess(pid, statusPtr) Wait for child process. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. *statusPtr is set to the exit code of the child process. Ns_WaitProcess(pid) Wait for child process. Calls Ns_WaitForProcess with NULL statusPtr. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. ns_fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Exec(3aolserver)