Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH Post 302560660 by Tommyk on Friday 30th of September 2011 12:28:56 PM
Old 09-30-2011
well, looks like a simple case of bad password to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not able to login as normal users through console /telnet/ssh

Hi , I am having problem,users are not able to login through ssh or telnet.Only we can login as root user in console. Restarted telnet and sshd ,no luck. Any ideas. AIX -- 5.2 ML 07 Thanks, MNK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnkfre
1 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Hi Team, I have joined the Suse Linux Server in my domain. I am not able update the DNS but I am able to join the domain. net ads testjoin gives me Join ok. even net ads dns register -P results to DNS update failed. wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also not working. Samba Configuration: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to login via ssh-tectia

HI Experts, I am having dificulty in loggin on the server via ssh-tectia. Sometimes, i can login for like 3 seconds the it shows error "disconnected from network" Other's can login on this server via ssh-tectia without any problem, BUT i can successfully connect to other servers . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode for root as well as genreal logins. Please find the configuration file . oss@HYDOHS02:ssh> cat sshd_config # # Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. # Use is subject to license terms. # #pragma ident "@(#)sshd_config ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users when they login using ssh?

Hello friends, I need to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users. I tried to implement it using /etc/profile and /etc/sshrc both none of them work. I don't see sshrc file anywhere. Please advise! TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to ssh or login to AIX server

We are having occasional problems accessing some AIX servers. When this happens we cannot ssh to the server in question or login via HMC console terminal window. We can ssh some commands to the server and get responses but other commands just hang, ssh serverA date returns the date, ssh serverA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kierong
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to login in ssh terminal

Hi guys when ever i tried to connect aix server in my institute through ssh terminal the pop is coming like network is unreachable .Am using MacBook air the other guys who are using putty software in windows they can easily login in tho the server through remotely . Is there any one can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashishb007
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintin
1 Replies
fence_baytech(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  fence_baytech(8)

NAME
fence_baytech - I/O Fencing agent for Baytech RPC switches in combination with a Cyclades Terminal Server SYNOPSIS
fence_baytech [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
This fencing agent is written for the Baytech RPC27-20nc in combination with a Cyclades terminal server. The Cyclades TS exports the RPC's serial port via a Telnet interface. Other interfaces, such as SSH, are possible. However, this script relies upon the assumption that Telnet is used. Future features to this agent would allow the agent to work with a multitude of different communication protocols such as Telnet, SSH or Kermit. The other assumption that is made is that Outlet names do not end in space. The name "Foo" and "Foo " are identical when the RPC prints them with the status command. fence_baytech accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_baytech can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. Vendor URL: http://www.baytech.net OPTIONS
-a host IP address or hostname to connect to. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -l login Username name for the switch. -n port The name of the outlet to act upon. -o action The action required. This can be on, off, status or reboot (default) -p password Password for login. -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. -q Quiet mode: print only error messages. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_baytech. host = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname to connect to. login = < param > Login name. action = < param > The action required. This can be on, off, status or reboot (default) passwd = < param > Password for login. passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. outlet = < param > The name of the outlet to act upon. SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_baytech(8)