Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .netrc does not execute mput command Post 302560654 by methyl on Friday 30th of September 2011 12:10:01 PM
Old 09-30-2011
@scottn
I see what you mean but the ".netrc" quoted is not valid on normal "ftp" because the "machine" line is split into multiple lines. I didn't notice the "macdef" line ... but I now believe it to be surplus.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget and mput...

hello, i was interested in knowing if you can mget or mput a sequence of files: example- say i have a dir with 1000 files with the same extension e.g. *.sgi, is there a way to mget only the last 200 files? i would assume that there is a flag i would use, or something like: mget... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyomamma
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP limits - mput *

I am trying to upload via FTP 11,000 files in a Solaris 8 system. I am using Windows 2000 and its FTP client to upload the files. The command used is mput *.jpg.When the quantity of files reaches 10,000 the upload aborts. Is this problem related with the FTP client ? If yes, another FTP client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waldecy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput is not working in ftp script

1)In this script mput command is not working( not transfering multiple files, it is able to send single file) 2)here is the script to automate the ftp process . 3)for transfering files from one machine to other machine using ftp can anyone can give me the solution in this issue Script is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsri
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - 'put' doing an 'mput'

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with F-Secure Unix. When I try a simple command; sftp> put local.test remote.test I expect that the local file local.test would be copied to the remote file remote.test However sftp is attempting to copy local.test & remote.test from the local machine, as if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep and pipe to mput ftp

I am ptting the following into an FTOP script. date=`TZ="aaa24" date +'%Y%m%d'` # this gets Yesterday date . . . . mput < 'l | grep $Vdate' # the idea to grep a listing from a directory that has yesterday date in its file name then put it in the remote FTP server. How can I get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raouf@comcast.n
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput question

I want to mput a file without extension, and while doing the mput i want to include the .txt as an extension to the file name. How can i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Second try mput failed

I'm having few doubts with below questions not able figure out the reason: mput operation used via shell script failed with 550 code return from FTP - "Overwrite cannot be done". ( Having all permissions to this directory ) but why got failed. When trying to run the script again but now it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)