Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL: Users unable to login via SSH Post 302560648 by Tommyk on Friday 30th of September 2011 12:01:53 PM
Old 09-30-2011
Quote:
Quote:
tail -50 /var/log/secure
Not exactly, for a start his logs may have been rotated and it might be in /var/log/secure1
Also, it may be beyong the 50th line, considering he said this was 2 days ago if the box has a few users on this would be more than 50 lines back.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not able to login as normal users through console /telnet/ssh

Hi , I am having problem,users are not able to login through ssh or telnet.Only we can login as root user in console. Restarted telnet and sshd ,no luck. Any ideas. AIX -- 5.2 ML 07 Thanks, MNK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnkfre
1 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to login with Domain users in the Suse linux

Hi Team, I have joined the Suse Linux Server in my domain. I am not able update the DNS but I am able to join the domain. net ads testjoin gives me Join ok. even net ads dns register -P results to DNS update failed. wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g also not working. Samba Configuration: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable to login via ssh-tectia

HI Experts, I am having dificulty in loggin on the server via ssh-tectia. Sometimes, i can login for like 3 seconds the it shows error "disconnected from network" Other's can login on this server via ssh-tectia without any problem, BUT i can successfully connect to other servers . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode

Unable to login to solaris9 server using SSH mode for root as well as genreal logins. Please find the configuration file . oss@HYDOHS02:ssh> cat sshd_config # # Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. # Use is subject to license terms. # #pragma ident "@(#)sshd_config ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users when they login using ssh?

Hello friends, I need to set PATH variable for all HP-UX users. I tried to implement it using /etc/profile and /etc/sshrc both none of them work. I don't see sshrc file anywhere. Please advise! TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to ssh or login to AIX server

We are having occasional problems accessing some AIX servers. When this happens we cannot ssh to the server in question or login via HMC console terminal window. We can ssh some commands to the server and get responses but other commands just hang, ssh serverA date returns the date, ssh serverA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kierong
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. AIX

Unable to login in ssh terminal

Hi guys when ever i tried to connect aix server in my institute through ssh terminal the pop is coming like network is unreachable .Am using MacBook air the other guys who are using putty software in windows they can easily login in tho the server through remotely . Is there any one can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aashishb007
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Expect /bash, 2 ssh login users

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quintin
1 Replies
LAST,LASTB(1)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     LAST,LASTB(1)

NAME
last, lastb - show listing of last logged in users SYNOPSIS
last [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [-adFiowx] [ -f file ] [ -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ] [name...] [tty...] lastb [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [ -f file ] [-adFiowx] [name...] [tty...] DESCRIPTION
Last searches back through the file /var/log/wtmp (or the file designated by the -f flag) and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) since that file was created. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case last will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus last 0 is the same as last tty0. When last catches a SIGINT signal (generated by the interrupt key, usually control-C) or a SIGQUIT signal (generated by the quit key, usu- ally control-), last will show how far it has searched through the file; in the case of the SIGINT signal last will then terminate. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. Lastb is the same as last, except that by default it shows a log of the file /var/log/btmp, which contains all the bad login attempts. OPTIONS
-f file Tells last to use a specific file instead of /var/log/wtmp. -num This is a count telling last how many lines to show. -n num The same. -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS Display the state of logins as of the specified time. This is useful, e.g., to determine easily who was logged in at a particular time -- specify that time with -t and look for "still logged in". -R Suppresses the display of the hostname field. -a Display the hostname in the last column. Useful in combination with the next flag. -d For non-local logins, Linux stores not only the host name of the remote host but its IP number as well. This option translates the IP number back into a hostname. -F Print full login and logout times and dates. -i This option is like -d in that it displays the IP number of the remote host, but it displays the IP number in numbers-and-dots nota- tion. -o Read an old-type wtmp file (written by linux-libc5 applications). -w Display full user and domain names in the output. -x Display the system shutdown entries and run level changes. NOTES
The files wtmp and btmp might not be found. The system only logs information in these files if they are present. This is a local configura- tion issue. If you want the files to be used, they can be created with a simple touch(1) command (for example, touch /var/log/wtmp). FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/btmp AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), login(1), init(8) Jul 31, 2004 LAST,LASTB(1)