Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .netrc does not execute mput command Post 302560633 by Scott on Friday 30th of September 2011 11:30:59 AM
Old 09-30-2011
And the customer, as we know, is always right Smilie

I was asking only as it's so long since I touched a .netrc file, I've forgotten most everything about it and FTP!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget and mput...

hello, i was interested in knowing if you can mget or mput a sequence of files: example- say i have a dir with 1000 files with the same extension e.g. *.sgi, is there a way to mget only the last 200 files? i would assume that there is a flag i would use, or something like: mget... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyomamma
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP limits - mput *

I am trying to upload via FTP 11,000 files in a Solaris 8 system. I am using Windows 2000 and its FTP client to upload the files. The command used is mput *.jpg.When the quantity of files reaches 10,000 the upload aborts. Is this problem related with the FTP client ? If yes, another FTP client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waldecy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput is not working in ftp script

1)In this script mput command is not working( not transfering multiple files, it is able to send single file) 2)here is the script to automate the ftp process . 3)for transfering files from one machine to other machine using ftp can anyone can give me the solution in this issue Script is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsri
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP - 'put' doing an 'mput'

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with F-Secure Unix. When I try a simple command; sftp> put local.test remote.test I expect that the local file local.test would be copied to the remote file remote.test However sftp is attempting to copy local.test & remote.test from the local machine, as if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b0bbins
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep and pipe to mput ftp

I am ptting the following into an FTOP script. date=`TZ="aaa24" date +'%Y%m%d'` # this gets Yesterday date . . . . mput < 'l | grep $Vdate' # the idea to grep a listing from a directory that has yesterday date in its file name then put it in the remote FTP server. How can I get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raouf@comcast.n
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput question

I want to mput a file without extension, and while doing the mput i want to include the .txt as an extension to the file name. How can i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Second try mput failed

I'm having few doubts with below questions not able figure out the reason: mput operation used via shell script failed with 550 code return from FTP - "Overwrite cannot be done". ( Having all permissions to this directory ) but why got failed. When trying to run the script again but now it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
netrc(5)							File Formats Manual							  netrc(5)

Name
       netrc - file used by ftp auto-login procedure (.netrc)

Description
       The  file  contains  frequently needed options for transfers.  The file resides in the owner's home directory on the machine from which the
       owner initiates the file transfer.  If the file includes passwords, set permissions on the file with so that only the owner has	read  per-
       mission.

The file uses the following format:

o    Each line of the file defines options for a specific machine.

o    A line in the file can be either a machine line or a default line.

o    The default line must be the first line in the file if it is present.

o    Fields in a default line appear in this order: default, default machine name.

o    Fields in a machine line appear in this order: machine, machine name, options.

o    Fields on each line are separated by spaces or tabs.

The following are valid options for a machine line:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
       Option	  Parameter	 Default      Description
       machine	  machine name	 none	      Identifies a remote
					      machine name
       login	  name		 local name   Identifies user on the
					      remote machine
       password   password	 none	      Password for remote
					      login name
       account	  password	 none	      Additional account password
       macdef	  macro name	 none	      Defines a macro like the
					      ftp macdef command

Example
       This is an example of a file:
       machine cactus login smith
       machine nic.ddn.mil login anonymous password anonymous
       machine palm.stateu.edu login smith password ualonerwelcome
       macdef byenow
       quit

macdef ls
       dir

The first line allows to log Smith into the machine after prompting for and receiving Smith's password, as shown in this example:
       $ ftp cactus
       Connected to cactus.tech.edu
       FTP server ready.
       Password required for SMITH.
       User logged in
       ftp>

The second line of the file allows the user to perform an anonymous transfer after typing this command:
       $ ftp nic.ddn.mil
       See for a description of anonymous FTP transfers.

The  third  line allows Smith to log into the machine Smith will not be prompted for a password because this machine line includes password
       information.  Because the file includes password information, the file must not have read permission set for world and group.

The lines are macro definitions, which operate much like shell aliases.	A blank line must follow each macro definition to signal  the  end
       of the macro.  The first macro definition defines as an alias for the command.

See Also
       ftp(1c)

netrc(5)