Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Mail server to Unix Server Virus threat Post 302560589 by thinktank on Friday 30th of September 2011 08:52:32 AM
Old 09-30-2011
Mail server to Unix Server Virus threat

I want to connect a SunOS Generic_142900-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000 server carrying live traffic to my mail server so that i can forward the email on root on the server to my corporate email address. I am not too sure about the virus threat that could arise. I want a unidirectional transfer from server to mail server and i want security from virus threat.

Any inputs or recommendations are appreciated..Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup mail server on my unix machine

hi, i just finished installation solaris 8 on my unix machine. i want to setup a mail server on it ( i assume it has not had one yet). so, what is my first step? where can i find out step by step configuration procedure on web ? so any expert is willing to teach me? pls help me. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: champion
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to scan for virus on a Unix Server

Hi, I updated an antivorus software on my Unix server using, tar to explode teh dat files. But I don't know how to run the scan. Please can any1 assist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
4 Replies

4. Programming

Sending mail in C/C++ in unix server

Hi Frnds, I have a task in my project wherein i have to send out a mail from my C++ code.With some file attachements.Please help me in this. At a higher level wat i can tell is my code generated 3 csv file and i have to send these files as attachement. My code is executed in unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to relay mail to mail server from Unix ?

Hi, I need to send email notifications from Unix/Linux box to users using mailx. In these Unix/Linux boxes mail is not configured however we are having mail server configured in our LAN. Could you please provide instructions to configure relay in these boxes so that we can relay our mails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing mail server from UNIX

Hi all, I need to access the mails sent to me in a mail server(IMAP mail server), and download the attachment sent in the mail to the unix environment. Please help me to acheive the same. I am not able to install python , PHP modules in my unix box due to installation restriction in my work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Read mail in a UNIX server?

My unix server is somehow configured to send mail to any id in my network. However, how do I read the mails in my inbox. I can send mails using mailx -s However, when I try to check whether there is mail using mailx -e it shows invalid option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
2 Replies
PIUS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PIUS(1)

NAME
pius - PGP Individual UID Signer SYNOPSIS
pius [options] -s <signer-keyid> <keyid> [<keyid> ...] pius [options] -A -r <keyring-path> -s <signer-keyid> DESCRIPTION
pius The PGP Individual UID Signer (PIUS) is a tool for individually signing all of the UIDs on a set of keys and encrypt-emailing each one to it's respective email address. This drastically reduces the time and errors involved in signing keys after a keysigning party. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h or --help show this help message and exit -a or --use-agent Use pgp-agent instead of letting gpg prompt the user or every UID. [default: false] -A or --all-keys Sign all keys on the keyring. Requires -r. -b PATH or --gpg-path=PATH Path to gpg binary. [default: /usr/bin/gpg] -e or --encrypt-outfiles Encrypt output files with respective keys. -d or --debug Enable debugging output. -H HOSTNAME or --mail-host Hostname of SMTP server. [default: localhost] -i or --interactive Use the pexpect module for signing and drop to the gpg shell for entering the passphrase. [default: false] -I or --import Also import the unsigned keys from the keyring into the default keyring. Ignored if -r is not specified, or if it's the same as the default keyring. -m EMAIL or --mail Email the encrypted, signed keys to the respective email addresses. EMAIL is the address to send from. See also -H and -p. -M FILE or --mail-text Use the text in FILE as the body of email when sending out emails instead of the default text. To see the default text use --print- default-email. Requires -m. -n EMAIL or --override-email Rather than send to the user, send to this address. Mostly useful for debugging. -o OUTDIR or --out-dir Directory to put signed keys in. [default: /tmp/pius_out] -O or --no-pgp-mime Do not use PGP/Mime when sending email. -p or --cache-passphrase Cache private key passphrase in memory and provide it to gpg instead of letting gpg prompt the user for every UID. [default: true] -P PORT or --mail-port Port of SMTP server. [default: 25] -r KEYRING or --keyring The keyring to use. Be sure to specify full or relative path. Just a filename will cause GPG to assume relative to ~/.gnupg. [default: ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg] -s SIGNER or --signer The keyid to sign with (required). -S or --mail-tls Use STARTTLS when talking to the SMTP server. -t TMP_DIR or --tmp-dir Directory to put temporary stuff in. [default: /tmp/pius_tmp] -T or --print-default-email Print the default email. -u USER or --mail-user Authenticate to the SMTP server, and use username USER. You will be prompted for the password. Implies -S. -v or --verbose Be more verbose. AUTHOR
PIUS was written by Phil Dibowitz <phil@ipom.com> This manual page was written by Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). MARCH 2010 PIUS(1)