Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Garbage value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Garbage value Post 302560470 by sujit_singh on Friday 30th of September 2011 12:43:16 AM
Old 09-30-2011
thanks for your help but I have to do this problem solely by using perl script. I am new learner in perl so please help me to identify the problem in code written by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I'd test it character by character instead of testing long strings. I'm not too fluent in perl, but hopefully the logic on this should be followable:

Code:
$ cat palindrome.awk
BEGIN { FS=""; ORS=""; }

{
    for(N=1; N<=NF; N++)
    for(M=N+1; M<=NF; M++)
    {
    # If it does not begin and end on the same char, not a palindrome
        if($M != $N) continue;

A=N ; B=M; P=1;

# Test towards the middle until A and B cross
        while(P && (B > A))
            if($(B--) != $(A++) ) P=0;

if(!P) continue;    # Not a palindrome

printf("Palindrome, %d-%d: ", N, M);
        for(A=N; A<=M; A++) print $A;
        printf("\n");
    }
}
$ echo "AGCTAGCTCGAAGGTAG" | awk -f palindrome.awk
Palindrome, 5-11: AGCTCGA
Palindrome, 6-10: GCTCG
Palindrome, 7-9: CTC
Palindrome, 10-13: GAAG
Palindrome, 11-12: AA
Palindrome, 13-14: GG
$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Garbage characters in display

:confused: I recently left managment and came back to AIX administration. So I am a bit rusty to say the least. The issue I am having is with the term settings when I either simply telnet to my AIX unit or even when I use an emulator like puTTY or a VAR provided one. Once I am logged into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haleja001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Remove Garbage Character

Hello, Whenever I transfer files between machines, I find a garbage character (^M) being appended to the end of every line of the file. Can you suggest a script wherein I can eliminate the garbage character. I tried sed 's/^M//g' < filename > filename1 ...but it doesn't work. Also, this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eddie_The_Head
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Garbage Output

Hello Friends, In a script i m using different temporary file and i remove them in the end. During script execution i have some garbage output which is not required. For example: Garbage Output ++ rm temp_out temp_a temp_b temp_c ++ rm Filter1 Filter2 Script : Even i am redirecting rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
7 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

garbage collection not reflected in the nmon

i have my application running on AIX box (configuration given below) My application does garbage collection pretty well, as such the memory free shows 500 MB - 700 MB freed up in the log statements printed in the application, but the nmon shows the physical space going upwards and does not reflect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh_sivan
1 Replies

6. Programming

strcat outputs garbage

Anyone have any ideas why when using strcat function I would get some garbage at the beginning of the output string? what I'm doing is something like the following example. Code: char temp; char tempHolder; for(int i=0;i<something;i++){ sprintf(temp,"%u ", someVariable);... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal telnet echos garbage

i am trying to make powerterm not echo back this charactor. ≥ When I press control-C I get it that telnet charactor/garbage echos back. how to turn off? where? what config? is there something in powerterm to switch on/off? I do not see it. Redhats offical statement is: "I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
10 Replies

8. Programming

Boehm garbage collector for C

is anybody out there experienced with the boehm gc? this is a very simple function: int fn1(){ int *p = (int *) GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int *)); return 0; }after leaving fn1() gc should free p. *** now another example: int* fn2(){ int* p= (int *) GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodona
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some % of Garbage Collection

I need to write a python script that will look at the local gc logs. 6 sys=0.00, real=0.06 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:12.029-0500: 1072696.494: 2791209K->1995953K(2796544K)] 2803355K->1995953K(4164608K), , 3.0299555 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:17.149-0500: 1072701.614: 3334321K->2008193K(4167680K),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-x] [-o omitpid] [-o omitpid..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. NOTES
pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program, which should also be located in /sbin. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)