Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users creating pdf file with four pages Post 302560435 by kristinu on Thursday 29th of September 2011 09:48:36 PM
Old 09-29-2011
Hmmm. I can check the release.

---------- Post updated at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:45 PM ----------

Doing mpage -1 is fine

Last edited by kristinu; 09-29-2011 at 11:01 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating and Creating Web pages wiht Unix

I am new to Unix and would like to update a website as well as add new content to the site but it must be done with UNIX. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what types of references are on the web or maybe even some basic commands? Thanks so much! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsensebe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages creating

Hi, I wnat to create my own man pages, but I can't find a good description of the troff language. Knows somebaody a good docu including examples?? Thx Bensky (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get number of pages in a PDF file

Hello, Can anyone please help me providing script to get the number of pages in a PDF file? TIA Prvn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Example] View man pages as pdf

This is a simple example of a shell script. I made it because it's sometimes convenient to search through a manpage and to have access to the terminal while you're reading (maybe to test code). It also serves as a basic example for anyone learning shell scripting. #!/bin/sh nm="/tmp/$1.pdf"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Creating pdf with bookmarks using ps2pdf ??

Hello to all, I have a *.ps file, which needs to be converted to a pdf file. The file is huge & i would like it to have bookmarked according to main titles (already provided). What is the option used in ps2pdf command, that will generate bookmarks from a *.ps file ? Kindly help. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging pdf and creating chapter using shell

Does anyone know how to create chapter in pdf I have 3 pdf, each pdf contains about 25 pages, I want to create 3 chapter in single pdf, and inside each chapter I want to give link to main index whether it's possible in ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS ? I usually use pdftk for merging pdf don't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gs to split a pdf into multiple pages

Hello, Some googling and checking the man pages told me it should be possible to split a pdf (or ps) file into individual pages : man gs You might want to print each page separately. To do this, send the output to a series of files "foo1.xyz, foo2.xyz, ..." using the "-sOut-... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jossojjos
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)