Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array output through a for loop problematic with multiple elements. Post 302560431 by Azrael on Thursday 29th of September 2011 09:40:08 PM
Old 09-29-2011
Array output through a for loop problematic with multiple elements.

This code works perfect when using a machine with only one interface online. (Excluding the loopback of course) But when I have other interface up for vmware or a vpn the output gets mixed up. I know I had this working when I was just reading ip's from files so I know it is not a problem with nmap, even though it feeds back the error. Any help much appreciated.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

x=5.21

zero+=( "$(/sbin/ifconfig | grep "inet addr" | awk '{ print $2 }' | sed -e '/127.0.0.1/d' | cut -c6- | sed 's/.[^.]*$//' | uniq)" )

v=`nmap --version | grep "Nmap" | awk '{ print $3 }'`

for i in "${zero[@]}"
do
        if [ $v == $x ]; then
                one+=( "$(nmap -sP $i.0/24 | grep report | awk '{ print $5 }')" )
                sleep 1
        else
                one+=( "$(nmap -sP $i.0/24 | grep Host | awk '{ print $2 }')" )
                sleep 1
        fi
done

y=0
length=${#one[@]}
for (( z = 0; z < $length; z++ ));
do
    echo -e "${one[$y]}\n"
done

By the way. I have only tested this with nmap 5.00 and 5.21. It may not work at all on other versions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing array elements

Hi, My doubt is how to access array elements.. Situation is as below: #!/bin/ksh set -x typeset -i x=0 typeset -i y=0 typeset -i BID=0 typeset -i count=0 while ] ; do x=`expr $x + 1`; hwmgr show scsi > scsi.tmp while read line; do set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output error while loop through array

Have built this script, the output is what I needed, but NR 6 is omitted. Why? Is it an error? I am using Gawk. '{nr=$2;f = $1} END{for (i=1;i<=f;i++) if (nr != i) print i, nr }' input1.csv >output1.csvinput1.csv 1 9 3 5 4 1 7 6 8 5 10 6 output1.csv > with the missing line number 6. 6 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing elements from an array

Hi I have two arrays : @arcb= (450,625,720,645); @arca=(625,645); I need to remove the elements of @arca from elements of @arcb so that the content of @arcb will be (450,720). Can anyone sugget me how to perform this operation? The code I have used is this : my @arcb=... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping array elements - possible?

I have a script which takes backup of some configuration files on my server. It does that by using an array which contains the complete path to the files to backup. It copys the files to a pre defined dir. Each "program" has it's own folder, ex. apache.conf is being copied to /predefined... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnn
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplication of array elements

Hi, I can't find out how to create correct code to get multiplication of each elements of array. Let's say I enter array into command line (2 3 4 5 6 8) and i need output 2*3*4*5*6*8=5760. I tried this one, but answer is 0. for i in $@; do mult=$((mult*i))done echo "mult: " $mult ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimasbimas
4 Replies

7. Programming

Array Elements Check

Hi everyone, :) I'm trying to make a simple C program that scans an array of chars to see if its elements are similar. I can't understand what's wrong. Could you help me to fix this? Here is the code. Thanks! #include<stdio.h> int main() { int arr; int i, len; int flag =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: IgorGest
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Multiple Files in the For Loop

while IFS= read -r line do # sV for version detection nmap -T4 -Pn -v -sS "$line" > "text/$line" done < <(grep '' $file) Hi, where line represents the IP. I am using NMAP to do scanning. How can I set to execute that command in the loop several concurrently at a time instead of one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading the array and sum of the array elements

Hi All, need help with reading the array and sum of the array elements. given an array of integers of size N . You need to print the sum of the elements in the array, keeping in mind that some of those integers may be quite large. Input Format The first line of the input consists of an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishantrefound
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get unique elements from Array

I have an array code and output is below: echo $1 while read -r fline; do echo "%%%%%%$fline%%%%%" fmy_array+=("$fline") done <<< "$1" Output: CR30903 YU0007 SRIL CR30903 Yogesh SRIL %%%%%%CR30903 YU0007 SRIL%%%%% %%%%%%CR30903 Yogesh SRIL%%%%% ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
LO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     LO(4)

NAME
lo -- software loopback network interface SYNOPSIS
device loop DESCRIPTION
The loop interface is a software loopback mechanism which may be used for performance analysis, software testing, and/or local communication. As with other network interfaces, the loopback interface must have network addresses assigned for each address family with which it is to be used. These addresses may be set or changed with the SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The loopback interface should be the last interface configured, as protocols may use the order of configuration as an indication of priority. The loopback should never be configured first unless no hard- ware interfaces exist. If the transmit checksum offload capability flag is enabled on a loopback interface, checksums will not be generated by IP, UDP, or TCP for packets sent on the interface. If the receive checksum offload capability flag is enabled on a loopback interface, checksums will not be validated by IP, UDP, or TCP for packets received on the interface. By default, both receive and transmit checksum flags will be enabled, in order to avoid the overhead of checksumming for local communication where data corruption is unlikely. If transmit checksum generation is disabled, then validation should also be disabled in order to avoid packets being dropped due to invalid checksums. DIAGNOSTICS
lo%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. SEE ALSO
inet(4), intro(4) HISTORY
The lo device appeared in 4.2BSD. The current checksum generation and validation avoidance policy appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. BSD
March 15, 2009 BSD