Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Script for GC Logs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for GC Logs Post 302560406 by Neeryan on Thursday 29th of September 2011 05:56:43 PM
Old 09-29-2011
Thanks for swift reply, a good suggestion, now the catch is..this will only give the time/date stamp when the service is restarted, lets say service is restarted today at some time, using the above parameter, it will generate a log file with today's date appended to it, also lets say..if I will run my cron job on daily basis, then the file will be again overwritten isn't?

The above suggestion could have helped in a scenario where a service is restarted on daily basis, but where service is not restarted daily, this will create problem for the service itself.

so this really..doesn't help to much extent. Any other suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Neeryan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to view logs of a server

Please share a shell script to collect logs of a server (like cpu utilization, memory etc) for a perticular time interval by giving date, time and server name as input. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to auto process ten random files and generate logs

Hello member's I'm learning to script in the ksh environment on a Solaris Box. I have 10 files in a directory that I need to pass, as input to a batch job one by one. lets say, the files are named as follows: abcd.txt ; efgh.bat ; wxyz.temp etc. (random filenames with varied extensions ).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a shell script that greps an error from the logs

Hello everyone. I wrote the following script but the second part is not excecuting. It is not sending the notification by email if the error occurs. the send mail is working so i think the errorr should be in the if statement LOGDIR=/logs/out LOG=`date "+%Y%m%d"`.LOG-FILE.out #the log file ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to grep 500 error messages from access logs

Hello Team, I need help to improve my script which is used to grep 500 error messages in the logs. I am using following logic in the script to grep 500 error messages in the logs. var1=`awk '$9 == "500"' access_log | tail -1` The above logic is not useful if logs are not getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract application logs through shell script in performance testing

Hi Experts, I am new to shell.How to extract logs (Web,APP,Database) using shell in performance testing? Need for webserver logs,app server logs and d/b logs code. Thanks in advance Sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Managing logs in shell script

Hi, I need write a shell script which should be executed from the crontab every day. This shell script is running several other shell scripts , and each one of them is writing to its log file. Few of the the shell script are also connecting using ssh to some other users on remote machine , do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yoav
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Asterisk logs report

Dear all, I start to build script(s) for few tasks, and I'll use log files to complete the following: 1) when ringnoanswer for a particular operator hits count 10 for waittime > 14000 send mail alert with summary of calls 2) per queue - exitwithtimout > 1 in any hour, then send mail... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbrobg
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script to View Logs

Hi I'm very new to unix shell scripting. Im also new here in this forum. I'm a SQL Server DBA but I'm slowly learning Oracle and Sybase DB. Our Oracle and Sybase are on Unix platforms. Im slowly learning Linux Admin and Shell Scripting to automate tasks. I'm writing a script to view DB error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricky777
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for capturing FTP logs

I have a script #!/bin/bash HOST=ftp.example.com USER=ftpuser PASSWORD=P@ssw0rd ftp -inv $HOST <<EOF user $USER $PASSWORD cd /path/to/file mput *.html bye EOF the script executes sucessfully I need to capture the FTP logs to a logfile should contain FTP Login successful ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshas83
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
strange(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						       strange(6x)

NAME
strange - draws strange attractors SYNOPSIS
strange [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-ncolors integer] [-delay microseconds] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The strange program draws strange attractors OPTIONS
strange accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -mono If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -ncolors integer How many colors should be used (if possible). Default 100. The colors are chosen randomly. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xlock(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Massimino Pascal. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. AUTHOR
Massimino Pascal <Pascal.Massimon@ens.fr>, 1997. Ability to run standalone or with xscreensaver added by Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 10-May-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) strange(6x)